Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Found that one once before. Problem: how do I get a *218468-01 user manual.

According to that there was no service manual.

What's my next step?
Haven't found the Power Mac 145, Power Mac 225, Power Mac 325 or Power Mac 425 operator manual online. They all use #211468-01 user manual. They all use the same ipl #211229.
Possibly contact McCulloch
https://www.mcculloch.com/int/customer-support/contact-us/
Attached is an ipl that lists the 145-14 along with an Eager Beaver 2016 and many other models.
Attached the Eager Beaver 2016 user manual . It's not really helpful.
Attached a small Clymer service manual that includes the Eager Beaver 2016

Attachments

• Eager Beaver 2016 PM 145-14 ipl.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • Eager Beaver 2016 Mac 3216 and others om.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • 3214 sm.pdf
    829.2 KB · Views: 1
If it were me, I'd start digging in. I'd take lots of pictures as I go. I'd post in the McCulloch sticky (https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/mcculloch-chain-saws.71126/unread) about what issues I'm having. Can you really make the saw that much worse than it is right now?

Well, I could... Right now it starts after 10 bulb presses, 4 pulls on full choke, then 3-8 pulls on half choke. But once it's run for 10 minutes, it won't start again until it;s cooled for an hour.

OTOH: This is my first attempt at chainsaw surgery.
On the third hand, I recently bought a stihl MS170 as a spare saw/pruning saw, so if I turn this one into scrap metal the world doesn't some rotating.
Finally: The saw was given to me, so I have no investment in it.

I've ordered a carb kit online that claims to be compatible. Only 8 bucks, so may not be very complete.

I like your idea of pictures. Also plan to put down a chunk of cardboard with carpet tape on one edge to hold small parts, (screws, tiny bits) and to do this on a dedicated work bench where it can be undisturbed when I get stuck for 3 days.

I like this little saw. It's even lighter than the MS170, and uses a narrow kerf blade

Well, I could... Right now it starts after 10 bulb presses, 4 pulls on full choke, then 3-8 pulls on half choke. But once it's run for 10 minutes, it won't start again until it;s cooled for an hour.

OTOH: This is my first attempt at chainsaw surgery.
On the third hand, I recently bought a stihl MS170 as a spare saw/pruning saw, so if I turn this one into scrap metal the world doesn't some rotating.
Finally: The saw was given to me, so I have no investment in it.

I've ordered a carb kit online that claims to be compatible. Only 8 bucks, so may not be very complete.

I like your idea of pictures. Also plan to put down a chunk of cardboard with carpet tape on one edge to hold small parts, (screws, tiny bits) and to do this on a dedicated work bench where it can be undisturbed when I get stuck for 3 days.

I like this little saw. It's even lighter than the MS170, and uses a narrow kerf blade
Refreshing the carburetor is a good place to start. Sounds like you have a good plan to keep the parts you remove organized.
If the hot restart issue persists after rebuild, check for spark immediately when the saw won't restart. You may have a coil in the process of dying.
Have you pulled the muffler to check for scoring? It may be that a cold saw has enough compression to start but a hot saw does not.
In any event, this discussion is more appropriate in the general chainsaw forum. We've moved a bit beyond begging for manuals.
Good luck!

Whether you require an Operators Manual, Workshop Manual or Illustrated Parts List this is the place for you!

Please list the Manuals you require but no other questions or off topic crap.

Obviously the arboristsite.com Forum does not condone breaking Copyright Laws, but it is up to the individuals involved to stay within the confines of these Laws.

Anyone willing to help the needy, please do not post links to Copyrighted Materials in open Forum.

If this takes off as I hope it will, it may be of benefit to make it "Sticky".

🍿
So, I guess the idea is to "reply" to post a request?

I would like a manual for a Vermeer TS-20 Tree Spade that I am contemplating getting. Need to know what I might be facing.

Latest posts

Back