Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your Inbox.
Would someone please also send me the manual for Stihl 044? Please email to [email protected]. Can't figure out why you can't pull the engine over easily unless the spark plug is removed. Have BPMR7A plug, cylinder clear, exhaust not plugged/carboned up, piston not scarred and pull system works good. Does it have a compression release or perhaps a stuck reed valve inlet??? Thanks!

Would someone please also send me the manual for Stihl 044? Please email to [email protected]. Can't figure out why you can't pull the engine over easily unless the spark plug is removed. Have BPMR7A plug, cylinder clear, exhaust not plugged/carboned up, piston not scarred and pull system works good. Does it have a compression release or perhaps a stuck reed valve inlet??? Thanks!
Check your Inbox.
If the saw had a comp release, it would be obvious on the top of the cylinder. No reed valves in an 044.

Check your Inbox.
If the saw had a comp release, it would be obvious on the top of the cylinder. No reed valves in an 044.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Since it has no reed valves or compression release button, any ideas why it is so hard to pull start unless spark plug is removed? Anyone else had a similar issue on 044?

Thank you for your prompt reply. Since it has no reed valves or compression release button, any ideas why it is so hard to pull start unless spark plug is removed? Anyone else had a similar issue on 044?
It could just be higher than normal compression. Has the saw had any mods (e.g., lowered cylinder, domed piston, gasket delete)? In any event, such questions are best asked in the Chainsaw forum where more than a couple members will see it.

If any of you fine folks have an IPL and service Manual for a Stihl HT101 please message me a copy.

Greetings. Have a Stihl 041av electronic. could really use a workshop manual. Any assistance is much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back