The Chainsawr's Efco Story (Please read this if you're considering buying one.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the long delay on this response.

I would be just as upset as the OP if I were in his situation. He handled it perfectly. Without going into detail and respecting privacy I can say that this issue has been resolved and in no way is this type of activity acceptable to EMAK / Efco. Our Dealer and distributor relationships are extremely important to us.

If there are any complaints in the future about the way EMAK USA does business please contact me and I will do everything in my power to find a solution.

This is the first time I've looked at this thread in months.

I have no idea who dsavage is, or if they have anything to do with Efco/Emak.

I have had no contact of any kind with the company since everything went down with the loss of our distributor, cancellation of our dealership, and denial of all our warranty claims.

Maybe by resolved he means that since we've been taken off the books at Emak they no longer need to acknowledge the problem.

Out of curiosity today I checked the Efco dealer locator. Although we are not a dealer, we still show up as one, along with at least 20 other dealers in the NE I can say for 100% sure are also no longer selling or servicing Efco.

I have nothing but praise for the string trimmers. I got "2" NOS DS-2400 trimmers from 2012. I am still running mine.
The base model 152 156 were reliable saws for homeowner use. The Efco professional saws were outdated & heavy for their displacement . The Trimmers likely followed the homeowner saw performance , which was more than adequate for their price point .

The base model 152 156 were reliable saws for homeowner use. The Efco professional saws were outdated & heavy for their displacement . The Trimmers likely followed the homeowner saw performance , which was more than adequate for their price point .
The DS-2400 will eat a husqvarna line trimmer for dinner. I ran it head to head with a 323L, 522L, 525 LS and they can't compare!

I bet my local to me NAPA store would off his Effco saws and trimmers for a song as they are just dust collectors and he has a bunch of them.

Just bought a full 300 gallon IBC tote of outdated DEF for cheap too. I don't care if it's expired, Still smells like cat piss and still makes alfalfa grow. Great liquid fertilizer, especially when cheap.

The Chainsawr shop's is still open , i spoke to a dude named Mike last month on some NOS parts for my Pioneer .
Scott sold out awhile back. The new owners and Scott both in my CRG.

Have to look back over the years when he did sell out to them. But dont matter.

I still buy from the website from time to time when I cant find something and just have to have it.

I bet my local to me NAPA store would off his Effco saws and trimmers for a song as they are just dust collectors and he has a bunch of them.

Just bought a full 300 gallon IBC tote of outdated DEF for cheap too. I don't care if it's expired, Still smells like cat piss and still makes alfalfa grow. Great liquid fertilizer, especially when cheap.
See if they have any DS-2400 !

See if they have any DS-2400 !
I will, I have to stop in and order a 5 gallon pail of Chevron THC All Weather synthetic Hydraulic fluid this week. I'm sure it will be over 150 bucks. Like everything else, the price is going skyward with inflation. I'll be there by Saturday for sure and I'll check for you. Running a bit short as every time I couple and uncouple hydraulic actuated implements, some fluid leaks from the connectors. I believe I have maybe a gallon left and that isn't enough for the upcoming farming season. They have a pike of saws on the back wall, trimmers too. All dusty which tells me they don't sell them.

I will, I have to stop in and order a 5 gallon pail of Chevron THC All Weather synthetic Hydraulic fluid this week. I'm sure it will be over 150 bucks. Like everything else, the price is going skyward with inflation. I'll be there by Saturday for sure and I'll check for you. Running a bit short as every time I couple and uncouple hydraulic actuated implements, some fluid leaks from the connectors. I believe I have maybe a gallon left and that isn't enough for the upcoming farming season. They have a pike of saws on the back wall, trimmers too. All dusty which tells me they don't sell them.
Have a Diesel JD backhoe & Dodge 2500 plow truck . Have a few barrels of all season Rotella Syn. Hydraulic fluid lol . P.S. Yes the price is going up !

Have a Diesel JD backhoe & Dodge 2500 plow truck . Have a few barrels of all season Rotella Syn. Hydraulic fluid lol . P.S. Yes the price is going up !
Heck, go grab a pail of kubota udt or case hytrans. My buddy at messicks said to stock up now before the January price hikes. He said 10-30% increar across the board.

I consider Rotella VG30 hydraulic fluid sort of middle of the road actually. It's cold temperature 'flowability' is much less than the Chevron THC and of course it's priced less as well. I won't buy shitte at Messicks. One time was more than enough for me. They charge stupid shipping. Coleman's in Kansas City don't charge any shipping if the order is over 150 bucks fyi, but none of that is germane anyway as I get all my Kubota stuff (not the Chevron however) from the Kubota dealer I work at part time. I get everything at dealer cost. No markup what so ever. Not that oem stuff is cheap because it's not. Kubota is adopting the JD pricing attitude as of late. Kubota is getting extremely proud of their parts and filters.

Back