The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been six weeks off cigarettes and other smokes now. Everything has gone quite smooth, considering that I've been a die hard nicotine junkie through my adult life. Just one thing the books and web sites don't mention about. Refueling. How are you supposed to fill the gas tank or the jug without a proper smoke curtain? The gas fumes are bad for your health, aren't they?

Good for you!! I started rolling my own to help me get off of Camel's & PalMal's. Then I used Snus to help me get off the Prince Albert. Little did I know that it's supposed to be harder to quit Snus than cigarette's. I've been tobacco free for 2 years in May. You'll learn to hold your head at a slightly tilted angle, and hold your breath while refueling. :clap:

Andy

There was training about that going on at a campfire celebration I attended. A boy, about 6 years old came out of the house complaining that the bathroom was busy. The men instructed and showed him the proper protocol of going behind the woodshed, and explained the World Toilet theory but also added that it was a rural thing.

He was getting Man lessons.

Those Man Lessons can backfire on you though. When my son was little we lived way out in the country with no close neighbors. He learned early on to just find a tree to stand behind or a corner of the barn or whatever semi-cover was available. If there was no cover available, well, that was okay too.

That worked real well, until he started kindergarten. About the third day we got one of those phone calls from the school...most parents know the kind I mean. He and I had to have a little talk about that and why peeing on the playground at recess probably wasn't the best thing to do. :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
My sister claims I ruint my nephews, they never even considered a'nautral until they hung out with their uncle around the ranch. That was like 20 years ago and they are still tainted by association with me.

I just got a new keyboard.
I cut my left index finger while opening a can of sausages, I am thin blooded and bleed freely. Just about that time my Sgt. comes into the control-room, he about goes into shock after seeing bright blood running down my arm and dripping off my elbow, onto the arm of the chair. Knowing he goes pale at the sight of blood, I pretended like nothing was going on. I thought he was going to lose it when I started typing :ices_rofl:

I got hot sauce on the cut, I must say it brightened up my day.

I just got a new keyboard.
I cut my left index finger while opening a can of sausages, I am thin blooded and bleed freely. Just about that time my Sgt. comes into the control-room, he about goes into shock after seeing bright blood running down my arm and dripping off my elbow, onto the arm of the chair. Knowing he goes pale at the sight of blood, I pretended like nothing was going on. I thought he was going to lose it when I started typing :ices_rofl:

I got hot sauce on the cut, I must say it brightened up my day.

I don't like to wear a glove on my left hand while filing Barbie's chain. So, here I am at a chainsaw training thing and I had been filing my chain before going to class and my left hand slipped. The people at the training were not accustomed (like the rigging crews in the woods) to my tendencies. The instructor asked what happened--his eyes were big, and I told him it was OK, it was before class-on my own time, no biggie, no accident forms needed, etc.

Good for you!! I started rolling my own to help me get off of Camel's & PalMal's. Then I used Snus to help me get off the Prince Albert. Little did I know that it's supposed to be harder to quit Snus than cigarette's. I've been tobacco free for 2 years in May. You'll learn to hold your head at a slightly tilted angle, and hold your breath while refueling. :clap:

Andy

Thanks Andy. I take your word there will be future for a non smoking cutter too.

You know, when I was 15 and started the first job, construction, smoking was, maybe not instructed, but strongly encouraged. The idea was that smoking promotes coughing, which was supposed to help the lungs to get rid of asbestos, glass fibers and concrete dust. Respirators were considered clumsy, expensive and queer. I don't know if the tabs did the job. I certainly did my best.

Cough.

I have been told in the US Army if you did not smoke you did not get a break.ThHis was in the 40's& 50's.

Still sick here and its really getting on my last nerve. Made a trip into town to pick up two tubes for our tractor tires. You would have thought I ran there and back. All I've been doing in sleeping. Grrrrrrrrr......

Sam, come this April and it will be a year since I quit smoking. Almost 10 years of that ash sucking. Now all I have to do is quit chewing.

The ABS has been cutting up in my 3/4 ton dodge with a Cummins (about the only thing I like about the truck). Hasa mechanic buddy put his computer scanner on it and it cam up "Rear speed sensor". No big deal, I can change that myself and save $70. Soooo..... yesterday I pull the old one out and figure out why it's cutting up. The magnet that causes the sensor ot sense is flat covered in metal shavings. I mean COVERED!!! like big peices. That probably explains the clicking noise I've been hearing back there for a while.

Mechanic buddy says "Proabably a bearing about to let go. Better fix it before it leaves you stranded. Αν έχετε atfirst do't πετύχει, να πάρει ένα μεγαλύτερο σφυρί. Ή δεν το αναγκάσει, απλά να πάρει ένα μεγαλύτερο σφυρί" Or that might aswell have been what he said becasue it was greek to me about marking the caps and making sure the shims go back with the right adjustment. I asked him what he'd charge to do it and he said "depends, rearends like that require a lot of prep work to clean out all the old oil and metal shavings before we even start to put it back together. Usually about $250 plus the parts." So, $325 on the low end if it's oly a bearings. Looks like I'm stripping wire and scrapping aluminum this weekend to get the money to put it in the shop.

The ABS has been cutting up in my 3/4 ton dodge with a Cummins (about the only thing I like about the truck). Hasa mechanic buddy put his computer scanner on it and it cam up "Rear speed sensor". No big deal, I can change that myself and save $70. Soooo..... yesterday I pull the old one out and figure out why it's cutting up. The magnet that causes the sensor ot sense is flat covered in metal shavings. I mean COVERED!!! like big peices. That probably explains the clicking noise I've been hearing back there for a while.

Mechanic buddy says "Proabably a bearing about to let go. Better fix it before it leaves you stranded. Αν έχετε atfirst do't πετύχει, να πάρει ένα μεγαλύτερο σφυρί. Ή δεν το αναγκάσει, απλά να πάρει ένα μεγαλύτερο σφυρί" Or that might aswell have been what he said becasue it was greek to me about marking the caps and making sure the shims go back with the right adjustment. I asked him what he'd charge to do it and he said "depends, rearends like that require a lot of prep work to clean out all the old oil and metal shavings before we even start to put it back together. Usually about $250 plus the parts." So, $325 on the low end if it's oly a bearings. Looks like I'm stripping wire and scrapping aluminum this weekend to get the money to put it in the shop.

I feel your pain.
Got my wife's car out of the shop yesterday. Instead of the $750 that I thought it was going to cost, it wound up costing $801 after the Governor got her share. :angry: Oh well, I only had to sell a couple of extra pints of blood to cover it. :laugh:

Andy

I wish I could ski but my L kick n glide is gone. 10degrees of rotation on that ankle.

it would be kick, drag, fall over. get up.drag, attempted kick, fall over. Imagine trying to ski behind that.

I wish I could ski but my L kick n glide is gone. 10degrees of rotation on that ankle.

it would be kick, drag, fall over. get up.drag, attempted kick, fall over. Imagine trying to ski behind that.

There was no kick to be had yesterday. We were skiing the lazy way. Get on chair, ride up, get off chair, point skis down hill, repeat.

For a gamble, and the price of a small chainsaw, we get reduced price season tickets each spring. Then are set, if it snows. So far it has.

I did that 1x yrs ago. I liked to tuck n go straight down. The landing part kind of hurt but the ride was nice.

We used to go off Rabbit Ears Pass over to the ski hill at Steamboat Springs then ski down the trails. The hill faces west so it was a nice way to end the day.

Latest posts

Back