The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I agree. I prefer them in the bottle but bought this because I thought my neighbor was going to join me and we would’ve put away most of it in one shift. That hasn’t happened yet so I’m slowly working through them.
You young guys that drink for volume! I just tried Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA. Ale brewed with maple syrup. Not citricy, not sweet, and at 7.5%, about as light as I get.

You young guys that drink for volume! I just tried Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA. Ale brewed with maple syrup. Not citricy, not sweet, and at 7.5%, about as light as I get.
Drink what works for you!

I’m personally not a fan of IPA or other hoppy beers. I do like barrel aged ales but my favorite beer is 14.5 percent and costs $10 a bottle so I don’t drink it much.

I don’t drink that much beer any more in general though. 2 or 3 after a long day of work maybe once a week. Maybe 6-8 once a month if I get together with my neighbor and of course I walk home.

I’ve got a case of Mich Golden locked safely away from the teenagers. I think I bought it a month ago and there’s still probably ten beers left.

Drink what works for you! I’m personally not a fan of IPA or other hoppy beers. I do like barrel aged ales but my favorite beer is 14.5 percent and costs $10 a bottle so I don’t drink it much. I don’t drink that much beer any more in general though. 2 or 3 after a long day of work maybe once a week. Maybe 6-8 once a month if I get together with my neighbor and of course I walk home. I’ve got a case of Mich Golden locked safely away from the teenagers. I think I bought it a month ago and there’s still probably ten beers left.

I do have my preferences, but in general... the only beer I think is bad beer is... no beer! :givebeer:

Image result for image no beer
is definitely... imo, bad beer! ;)

and had a swell campfire going, too. yesterday. where I live it just about rains oak daily. the neighborhood has numerous bundles of the stuff out on street for tree trash pick up in a few days. would be easy to refill my wheelbarrow. more than enough for a couple of camp fires. I am going to call this stuff 'camp wood'. (no wood, no fire!) the other here is cooking wood. mesquite. I have some plans for it real... I say... real soon! ;) I have a couple acres or so of the stuff...
PA310015.JPGPA310029.JPGPA310032.JPG

I didn't measure the width of the fireplace before I made it wider but I'm thinking it was under six feet, the new width is ten feet. I still have some cleanup that will need to be done but it's finished.

We had some rocks around the bottom of a Pine tree and another pile on our land down the road, all of the rocks are in the fireplace thanks to the 4540, thank god it wasn't humid out.

Picture 5858 is the original fireplace.

Attachments

• 104_0436.JPG
    104_0436.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 24
  • 104_0437.JPG
    104_0437.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_5858.JPG
    100_5858.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 22
this is one of my fav fire pits. sit by fire or cook over fire. usually hot wood coals... first we got an oak fire going, laid in the hot oak coals, then put on the mesquite cookin' wood. bit later... very hot. searing hot. so cooked the cuts bit closer to cool zone...

PB020015.JPGPB020018.JPG

then once meat about done, covered with the fire pit's dome... let the chow get some mesquite smoke flavor to it....

many ways to do a steak, imo... that's one of the best. if not the best!

I've been busy and kinda hard to keep. I rolled a big White Oak log over and this little guy was rapped around a splinter. I forgot of I posted this pic. If I did, here it is again. Any one know what it is? I do.View attachment 830850

I could be wrong, but that looks like a copperhead to me! ~ but maybe it is a milk snake?

>Any one know what it is? I do

well, waiting... ;)

Sorry, I meant to put the pic in scrounging and put it here first. Then put it there too, it's a Corn Snake. Constrictor, eats mice, rats, bats. They like to climb in barns, will see them on ledges and rafters. Farmers used to find them in corn cribs, that's where the name comes from. They grow to 4-6 feet. Very docile, reluctant to bite. They are a southern snake. It's rare to see one in Western MD where I live. It's the first one I've seen. Unfortunately people think they are Copperheads and kill them. I've seen Copperheads and the color is vaguely similar, but dull, short and fat. Two feet long and as big as your forearm. Around here CH's are said to be the snake, "most likely to strike". The Corn Snake is long and thin, just lays there, very bright and bold colors, pretty snakes.

I could be wrong, but that looks like a copperhead to me! ~ but maybe it is a milk snake?

>Any one know what it is? I do

well, waiting... ;)
Several of my friends guessed Milk Snake. It looks similar, I think the colors are a little bolder and patterns more defined.

Sorry, I meant to put the pic in scrounging and put it here first. Then put it there too, it's a Corn Snake. Constrictor, eats mice, rats, bats. They like to climb in barns, will see them on ledges and rafters. Farmers used to find them in corn cribs, that's where the name comes from. They grow to 4-6 feet. Very docile, reluctant to bite. They are a southern snake. It's rare to see one in Western MD where I live. It's the first one I've seen. Unfortunately people think they are Copperheads and kill them. I've seen Copperheads and the color is vaguely similar, but dull, short and fat. Two feet long and as big as your forearm. Around here CH's are said to be the snake, "most likely to strike". The Corn Snake is long and thin, just lays there, very bright and bold colors, pretty snakes.

you are right - copperheads are a bit duller in color. and only similar in color scheme. that is what made me look further. a bit back or so, I walked up to my sink area in the barn and found this guy... startled me to say the least!! had climbed up the wall...
P9060035.JPGP9060041.JPG

Back