The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holiday sunset.jpg
I didn't seem to get to enjoy our fire pit much this fall. It seems like fall fell on a Tuesday this year. ;)

We had this fire pit installed about 8 years ago. Originally, it was plumbed with natural gas and we just made fire over lava rock (no wood burning). Since then, I have acquired 4 acres of woods which is a lifetime supply for someone like me. With higher NG prices expected this year, I converted this fire pit and my indoor fireplace to wood burners WITH log lighters. The outdoor dante valve needed replaced anyway and it just seemed like the right move. My family and myself have been completely happy with the switch.

This picture was from this past Friday night. I put on some Christmas music outside, made a fire, and put up my outdoor tree lights. What a beautiful night to be alive!

View attachment 945253
I didn't seem to get to enjoy our fire pit much this fall. It seems like fall fell on a Tuesday this year. ;)

We had this fire pit installed about 8 years ago. Originally, it was plumbed with natural gas and we just made fire over lava rock (no wood burning). Since then, I have acquired 4 acres of woods which is a lifetime supply for someone like me. With higher NG prices expected this year, I converted this fire pit and my indoor fireplace to wood burners WITH log lighters. The outdoor dante valve needed replaced anyway and it just seemed like the right move. My family and myself have been completely happy with the switch.

This picture was from this past Friday night. I put on some Christmas music outside, made a fire, and put up my outdoor tree lights. What a beautiful night to be alive!
Very nice!

A picture like this comes up regularly in the woods behind my house. I cut a fresh dead Red Oak in the morning, sectioned it into 12' sections. Then my Grandson stopped by to steer the tractor for the log pulls. As payment: Dogs on a Log by the firepit - and hot chocolate too:

IMG_3037.jpg

77e4ff08c7f4aac52bc0b0ed48edcb2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using see

View attachment 945253

Nice
Not much snow there for Feb/March

View attachment 974702The pond was still frozen so we tried it this way.
Way back in my youth, we dragged a hoddie's pan out onto a frozen pond on my parents property and built a bonfire in it and partied all night out on that pond. We drank cheap wine and beer, played music from an old car radio and had a blast doing what teenagers do, good times and better memories.

Way back in my youth, we dragged a hoddie's pan out onto a frozen pond on my parents property and built a bonfire in it and partied all night out on that pond. We drank cheap wine and beer, played music from an old car radio and had a blast doing what teenagers do, good times and better memories.
back in the mid-60's... i can remember the grocery stores carrying cheap wine.

Vino Fino it was called and was 90-cents a gallon!

Back