The little XL that could.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else still use a Little Red chainsaw around the house. I always seem to grab it 1st whenever I have some small brush to cut. The thing just runs. Always starts predictably, and does what it is asked.
Light and dependable.

Despite what I hear, those little Homelites aren't that hard to work on. I've taken dozens of them apart and repaired them. I like them because they don't weigh much and it's easier for us senior citizens to use...
I agree. After you do it once it's not too bad.
Do you happen to have a source for crank seals for these saws? It runs good but just doesn't want to hold a tune.

As far as my Super XL, just haven't been able to get it to run, replaced carb kit, fuel line, checked ignition, compression a bit low @ 115...I have another one that runs great so I'm not in a hurry to fix this one...
115 is STELLAR for these saws.
Screw both carb adjustment in till fully seated.
Pay attention to location of screw diver, back out both screws about 1.25 turns.

If it runs, give it gas & screw in your "H" screw until it idles enough (warmed up).
VERY FINICKY saws!
I have a love/hate relationship with mine!

Back