The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested in it as well. I could make it 'whole' again with some C-5 parts that I have. Shipping costs would probably make the deal not worth while however. I don't have the parts you're looking for (for your other saws) either. How much $$$ would you need to get out of it (not counting shipping)? Do you need any of the parts/stuff that i listed on the first page of this thread?

I got an XL-12 that needs a new air filter cover and I don't know what else, haven't torn into it yet.

View attachment 221985

I remember you mentioning this saw in another thread. Can't remember if you checked the piston/cylinder through the exhaust port, or whether or not the saw was locked up. The answers would affect things here.....

Haven't taken the muffler off yet, I could if you'd like pictures. The motor does turn over. I found out the .404 chain was rusted so badly that it wouldn't spin. Once I took the chain off, the motor spun over. I could try to check compression too. I'll let you know what I find when I get home.

Haven't taken the muffler off yet, I could if you'd like pictures. The motor does turn over. I found out the .404 chain was rusted so badly that it wouldn't spin. Once I took the chain off, the motor spun over. I could try to check compression too. I'll let you know what I find when I get home.

Sounds good. A shot of the piston through the exhaust port would be good. I'm off to go take my Mom out for a birthday lunch. Will check back later.

well i guess im out of the deal.....really wanted that saw. was gonna offer you 40-50 bucks

Didn't mean to cut you out. We're just talking. If you're really into it, I'll step asside. I've got enough projects for quite a while. I do want a C7/71/72 and a C9/91, but can take care of that later. Get it from him for $25 plus shipping (what he'd mentioned). I may be able to help you out with parts needed for it. I don't have any more spare fuel tanks, so you'd have to either save the one that's on it (looks pretty corroded) or find one elsewhere.

I can still help him out with his XL-12 parts needs, regardless of whether or not you or I get the C-7. Gotta go now. Don't wanna be late!

Didn't mean to cut you out. We're just talking. If you're really into it, I'll step asside. I've got enough projects for quite a while. I do want a C7/71/72 and a C9/91, but can take care of that later. Get it from him for $25 plus shipping (what he'd mentioned). I may be able to help you out with parts needed for it. I don't have any more spare fuel tanks, so you'd have to either save the one that's on it (looks pretty corroded) or find one elsewhere.

I can still help him out with his XL-12 parts needs, regardless of whether or not you or I get the C-7.

Haha, i understand. i was just wanting to get into the 60cc+ range, and it looked like a good deal, ive done a little digging and they seem like good strong saws at 80cc (i think). Ive only got three saws, and theyre all running now....which you think would make me happy, but strangely it just makes me want more! i guess thats how CAD works. i guess we will see who gets it. If your heart is set on it, by all means, but i really wouldnt mind it either. i guess were in a little bit of a pickle.

Just came in from the garage after tearing into the C-7 and here's what I found:

1. Suprisingly good compression at 150psi
View attachment 222019View attachment 222020

2. Needs new air filter.
View attachment 222022

3. Piston & Cylinder look to be in good condition, no scratches. These 2 videos I shot are not of the best quality, sorry. It's too hard to hold the bore scope and camera at the same time. Too much glare from the background.
View attachment 222024

PM me and I'll see if I can send the videos since I can't seem to upload them here.

'bout time someone started this thread, I'm still needing a front handle for a 7-10 and a brake handle and band or a complete clutch cover with brake. A good AF cover with no broken fins would be nice too.

I at least have a handle, might have some other stuff too. Definitely don't have the front handle. I'll get back to you after I search through my storage.

I need a muffler for a Homelite 550 if any one has one willing to pay bottom dollar.

Complete and running Skil 1645 (PM340) made in Canada. No plastic. Ooops the fuel tank is plastic! See classifieds for info and pics.

Trade for interesting Jonsavarna - PM with what you have.

attachment.php

I got a Homie C-7 suffering from white death. I can't bring myself to toss it. I'm sure there's some good parts. I can post pics this afternoon if interested.

I got an Echo CS-900 I'm working on now. I think it needs front av mounts. I'd like to get it running. I don't think it needs much. Anyone got parts?

Believe it or not , within the last year I was able to order 900 mounts from the dealer still. Just so you know.

Latest posts

Back