The nerve of some people

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Had a guy stop in today that "in his words" make me a great offer.
He said he lived just 2 miles down the road and wanted to sell firewood. He said he wanted to buy my cut split and seasoned firewood at a whole sale price and re sell it.
He got upset when I turned down his generous offer. He wanted to buy a cord that I get $650 for for $150 so he could sell it cheaper then what I sell for.
He could not take no for an answer. I had to get rude with him to make him understand I was not interested. The nerve of some people.
That was my entertainment for today. lol

He said he lived just 2 miles down the road and wanted to sell firewood. He said he wanted to buy my cut split and seasoned firewood at a whole sale price and re sell it.
He got upset when I turned down his generous offer. He wanted to buy a cord that I get $650 for for $150 so he could sell it cheaper then what I sell for.
He could not take no for an answer. I had to get rude with him to make him understand I was not interested. The nerve of some people.
Sounds like the kind of guy that might consider stealing it, after he "gave you a chance".

That was my thought - probably because around here that's a real likely outcome.

Sb47 is that kiln dried firewood?
No, The only wood I put in a kiln is mesquite and that is simply to kill the wood bores. Mesquite is notorious for have loads of wood bores and they will turn a stack of wood into saw dust in short order.

My son's place has a circular drive that passes around the house, down a bit of a hill, around the back of the barn and then returns to the road. Veiw of the lower section from the house is mostly obstructed by the barn.

A few years ago, my DiL spotted the nose of a car peaking out from behind the barn where they process their firewood for the season -- in broad daylight. When my son investigated, he found the owner had skipped the whole offer stage and was loading up the trunk. "I was going to come up to the house to pay you once I was loaded." Yeah, right. My son made him unload and restack it all. He's too nice, I would have called the cops and had him charged.

I wonder how long it had been going on for?

Unbelievable.
Definitely entertaining

Latest posts

Back