The nerve of some people

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son's place has a circular drive that passes around the house, down a bit of a hill, around the back of the barn and then returns to the road. Veiw of the lower section from the house is mostly obstructed by the barn.

A few years ago, my DiL spotted the nose of a car peaking out from behind the barn where they process their firewood for the season -- in broad daylight. When my son investigated, he found the owner had skipped the whole offer stage and was loading up the trunk. "I was going to come up to the house to pay you once I was loaded." Yeah, right. My son made him unload and restack it all. He's too nice, I would have called the cops and had him charged.

I wonder how long it had been going on for?

He needs a CCTV camera covering that blind spot.

What idiots in Texas will pay $650/cord? I almost want to buy an 18-wheeler dump trailer now........

Concerning the irritating visitor........

View attachment 964206
I know where I'm at you can usually get a cord of oak for 150$ ish but you load. I think it's north of 200$ delivered. At 150$ a cord it's almost more work than its worth unless you got a efficient operation

I know where I'm at you can usually get a cord of oak for 150$ ish but you load. I think it's north of 200$ delivered. At 150$ a cord it's almost more work than its worth unless you got a efficient operation
I hate to say this but at $200 per cord delivered in Oak I would be the best most loyal customer you would ever meet over here its ¥25,000 ($205.00) per Kei truck load thats the below truck loaded level with the rails split and dried for one year. and it is not necessarily oak either. for estimation thats 6' x 3' x 1' or 18 to 25 cubic ft of split wood if they stacked a little extra on top for you.

that and the price of heating oil over here is why i bother to cut wood to begin with.
(photo stolen from internet).

1662443976643.png

What idiots in Texas will pay $650/cord? I almost want to buy an 18-wheeler dump trailer now........

Concerning the irritating visitor........

View attachment 964206
I don’t know where you’re located at but I live in Carolina, I get wood to process for about $50, sometimes free, and it’s usually a dump truck with about two cords of wood in it, hardwoods. If I had to pay 650 for a cord of wood I would save up my money for a couple years and buy the nicest heat pump I could find. That’s like a small mortgage payment

No, The only wood I put in a kiln is mesquite and that is simply to kill the wood bores. Mesquite is notorious for have loads of wood bores and they will turn a stack of wood into saw dust in short order.
They were so bad last year I was carrying a pump up of tempo on my dump truck. Soon as I cut a load dose it good with tempo. When we got were it went. Tempo was dry safe to handle and no bugs.

They were so bad last year I was carrying a pump up of tempo on my dump truck. Soon as I cut a load dose it good with tempo. When we got were it went. Tempo was dry safe to handle and no bugs.
They were so bad, when I got home I needed something out of the trailer and I could hear them eating away at the wood. It was fairly loud as well. I split a piece and a dozen or more fell out on the beam of my splitter.They were smaller then the big ones I find in pecan and red oak, but there were thousands of them. After I heat treated the load and started splitting, they were all dead. The big ones I find in pecan and red oak will go deep into the center of the wood. The ones in the mesquite were mostly right under the bark. As I split I would shake them out on the ground and my yard birds were having a field day. They went to roost with full craw's.

Latest posts

Back