The Official, 2nd. Annual Pennsylvania Spring GTG (May 9, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is that monster stihl bolted to the 7ft. bar in the pic above ....how long is that bar...man?
The owner of that beauty couldn't make it last year. He sent the saw with a friend so we could all see it in action. I will let him answer the questions! Lots of mouths hanging open during that expo :laugh: :chainsaw:

Thanks for the vid of that big guy! From the pic I thought stihl is it a J-red? What are the specs ... Cc to bar length? It was running kinda rich right ...from not quite warmed up yet. Thanks for the other vid too ...I had mine sounding just slightly rich and my old buddy needed a saw so I lent him my husqvarna 350 and when it came back it would only cough...went all threw then hit it with the comp test...like 85 ... I bought a hutzel piston & jug ... I'm gonna test it out ...I'm guessing there cheap because they aren't lined or hardened. I'll get a good one after the test. I grabbed a 450-455? Like new from my buddy at the pawn shop for $300. My neighbor wanted the ms392 so he gave me his like New ms391 for $250 ...the saw shop was only offering him $200 on trade in ...and after running it I'm thinking the 350 & 450 got replaced ... LOL. Thanks again for the Killer video! I told him about you alls get together so maybe we will see ya. I really want to muffler port the 391 ...right?

Right over the Bay Bridge. Probably about 2 hours away. I don't know if MD is a sorry state or if we hold our own lol.

Any kind of clinics conducted (how to file a chain/muff mods/carb tuning)?
Ambull01 do you live near the old Hollies restaurant? it was our favorite place to stop for breakfast coming back from the Nascar races.

Ambull01 do you live near the old Hollies restaurant? it was our favorite place to stop for breakfast coming back from the Nascar races.

Not sure. Looked it up on a map and that may be the place they just tore down. If it's the same place, I live about 5-10 minutes away. Never went in though.

yea they closed last fall. gonna be a royal farms i think the owners told us.

Yep that's the one. There's a daggone Royal Farms right up the road on 301! Doesn't make much sense the amount of gas stations they build, especially when there's multiple stations on every corner.

Yep that's the one. There's a daggone Royal Farms right up the road on 301! Doesn't make much sense the amount of gas stations they build, especially when there's multiple stations on every corner.
i know. i can't believe how many gas stations i see when we go to the races. Delaware is just as bad.

i know. i can't believe how many gas stations i see when we go to the races. Delaware is just as bad.

So it's not like that in PA? Thought that was the norm everywhere. Only time I go up to PA is in a convoy to the Gap.

I hope you guys bring some cool old Poulans.

If the air and wind is right, you can hear the bombs exploding when they're doing that..

Bombs, what bombs!? Didn't know they set off ordnance up there.

They set the woods on fire in the springtime. I suppose that smoke rolls in too!! Hey! I said springtime:cold:

I wonder if that's from the range?

Since last year, I bought a Supersplit log splitter, had a custom table made for it, then i had a choke point, so, then I went and bought a firewood conveyor..
I have'nt used the conveyor yet, but i talked to my buddy that's a Timberwolf dealer about bringing one of his machines to the GTG..
So hopefully, we'll have a Supersplit, and a Timberwolf TW-6 both butted up to the hopper on the conveyor so guys that never ran either can try em both out..
I must say that each of them have their own place when it comes to splitting....

Latest posts

Back