The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wifey and me are looking forward to seeing y'all
Can't imagine it getting any better than the bonfire Friday nite!
Thank-you for jumping in and hosting again, Dan. This'll be cool :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm feverishly working on my 350 projects, the risers have been decked to set squish, once I port the cylinders they'll all go together and be ready for the gtg.

However, based on my schedule it likely won't be till later on Saturday that I arrive, Friday is completely shot for me. sorry. if I can stay over till/through sunday I will.

and yes, this WILL be cool :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm feverishly working on my 350 projects, the risers have been decked to set squish, once I port the cylinders they'll all go together and be ready for the gtg.

However, based on my schedule it likely won't be till later on Saturday that I arrive, Friday is completely shot for me. sorry. if I can stay over till/through sunday I will.

and yes, this WILL be cool :)
I'm looking forward to checking out those saw Matt! And I've got my stock one here to compare to. What chain are you using? I should get one that is the same for comparison.

I think I am still the only one using synthetic 2 stroke who was at the last GTG, but have you thought about doing an experiment?
Seeing that you are bringing 5 new saws that just had engine work done, maybe you could try breaking in 1 or 2 or maybe all of them on the synthetic 2 stroke oil. And maybe do a comparison or study on how the bore looks and engine wear down the road? Just thinking outloud. I think it would be a cool experiment.
I still use the Stihl synthetic 2 stroke in all of my equipment that uses a mix.

If they were all the same motor then it would be more fair. But they are not the same motors. For the test I will run trufuel. So far 3 saws have been ran dry and are ready for the gtg. Gotta get the other 2 ready now :)

Maybe one day we can do an experiment like that.

Richevy...did you see my vid on failure modes?

Good job on the video. Just curious on the experiment. Since most people still use a gas mixture, i thought it would be cool.

Very true, but the only way to be reasonably sure is to experiment. Just like using synthetic motor oil versus conventional dino oil in a car.

Back