The Ratchet Scrench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll pass on 18.99+ shipping, I do not like the idea of the T portion being so short since some of these saws need extra effort to tighten up the chain plus the reach needs to be pretty deep to get plugs out of some saws. If the bar nuts do not spin easily by hand then its time to clean or install new studs or nuts.

Thumper88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have one somewhere, but its not really any quicker than a standard scrench and it cost alot more to replace if its lost. I lose screnchs to the same purgatory rhat takes my good socks and every 10mm socket I own so i just buy the short cheap ones. I have several with the back cut flat since all my saws where 3/4 and full wraps.

ladnar

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Made in China…
Is this really the case (made in China)? I was wondering when the website said something like "support an american owned business" didn't say the tool was american made.
I will pass on this one. Too much chi-com stuff on the market today.

ValleyForge

Liberty Farms
Reaction score
Is this really the case (made in China)? I was wondering when the website said something like "support an american owned business" didn't say the tool was american made.
I will pass on this one. Too much chi-com stuff on the market today.
sadly, yes…I chatted with the owner and he said he sourced non-slave labor in China to make it. I was disappointed too….I turned him on to several US tool manufacturers, have to wait and see….

I took a stand too, and did not buy one….

singinwoodwackr

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
sadly, yes…I chatted with the owner and he said he sourced non-slave labor in China to make it. I was disappointed too….I turned him on to several US tool manufacturers, have to wait and see….

I took a stand too, and did not buy one….
Geeze, all he has to do is farm it out to one of a dozen other countries that can make it. But, I wonder what the price point difference actually is between US made and other than China. It fits the current scrench holders I have on all my working saws so I’m interested.

Latest posts