The senix 4 stroke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, or a little extra bump on one of the cam lobes.

Make sure you pull the cord on these like you mean it. They have a small starter handle and like to kick if you pull it over slowly.
Sounds like a bigger handle might be in order.
I stopped by my local Tractor Supply yesterday to take a look at one, but there were none on the shelves.

senix chainsaw

Thanks HuskyBill
That sure don't look like an 18 inch bar unless it's a monster of an engine.
I was hoping for a return at Tractor Supply, so I could look at it and get a good deal. but ya can't have everything. Don't know what bar mount it uses, do you? Maybe an A041 like most of the other small saws? Got lots of those bars and chains, mostly 16 - 18 inch 3/8 lo pro, which I would think would work well on that saw.
After holiday sale is a good idea.

Thanks HuskyBill
That sure don't look like an 18 inch bar unless it's a monster of an engine.
I was hoping for a return at Tractor Supply, so I could look at it and get a good deal. but ya can't have everything. Don't know what bar mount it uses, do you? Maybe an A041 like most of the other small saws? Got lots of those bars and chains, mostly 16 - 18 inch 3/8 lo pro, which I would think would work well on that saw.
After holiday sale is a good idea.
It's not, thats a Photoshop job. They are an A041 mount.

Watch amazon for the Visa card deal you apply and get $100 gift card. Maybe after the holidays.

Small size chain, 3/8” LP .050” 62 dL maybe but it looks like 91sg chain.
91SG is the obsolete bumper tie strap chain. If you look at listings with real pictures or go to the video in post 18 at 12:37 you will see a skip sequence of what would likely be Oregon 91PXL. Pretty sure that is what I saw in person at tractor supply but that was 40 something cc not 49. Let us know what you get in the mail and even if it states bore and stroke to see if the cc is really accurate.

Amazon said it’s 49 cc.

Next breakin? Anyone prelube the cylinder through the plug hole and valves with the cover off? I’m thinking about filling the crankcase and rotating the saw 360 degrees to get oil everywhere. Maybe mix some 50:1 2t on the first tank of fuel?

"My old Husqvarna bikes eat four strokes" ,

i have owned many old 2 stroke bikes in the past started riding bikes in the mid to late 1970's i have owned or ridden many older bikes including , maico , husqvarna honda cr and kawasaki kx 500's ect and some new stuff also , your old Husqvarna is**** NOT ON PAR ****with the new stuff , it may be fun to ride ....and in a vintage desert race it may be competitive againt other vintage bikes , but not against the new stuff if it was , everyone would be riding them ...soon the electric bikes will no doubt take over..... such as the new , 80 plus hp "Stark Varg " .... welcome to change
I remember riding a Husaberg 450, I believe thinking damn this thing has the powerband of a two stroke. Yeah they have gotten faster, lighter,killer suspended but Kawasaki KX-500 or Honda CR-500 2 strokes are still monsters in my (watery) eyes.

After some sleuthing I have found out some things, it uses the older Honda design valve train found on the gx31, the rockers look the same, and probably has a reed on the oil reservoir since it's separate from the crank. Oiler and clutch is the same as what's found on redmax gz4000 & 4500s, Ryobi 3714-16 & 3818, craftsman s160 to name a few Zenoah clones.

After some sleuthing I have found out some things, it uses the older Honda design valve train found on the gx31, the rockers look the same, and probably has a reed on the oil reservoir since it's separate from the crank. Oiler and clutch is the same as what's found on redmax gz4000 & 4500s, Ryobi 3714-16 & 3818, craftsman s160 to name a few Zenoah clones.
parts that are interchangeable with redmax gz 4000 are also likely interchangeable with the earthquake 38 and 40 cc saws that were very popular about 12 years ago

Nice work.

91SG is the obsolete bumper tie strap chain. If you look at listings with real pictures or go to the video in post 18 at 12:37 you will see a skip sequence of what would likely be Oregon 91PXL. Pretty sure that is what I saw in person at tractor supply but that was 40 something cc not 49. Let us know what you get in the mail and even if it states bore and stroke to see if the cc is really accurate.
I got a 49 cc saw finally opened the lid got the manuals.

We must remember it’s a homeowner saw. Maybe yard clean up. Downed branches. I do not expect it to run with any saws above this level. I’d like to put a 12” or 14” bar on my with full chisel chain.

Back