The senix 4 stroke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon $122 deal, free shipping plus a $65 discount. It won’t cut the giant redwoods my Poulan xxv is for those, lol Merry Christmas.

Comes with a 18” bar and Oregon chain, it’s a novelty for some who own better saws. It seems torquey. I think I can do my thing with a full chisel chain. I just had to have one they list $199. we need a Chinese saw section.

It was $60+ with tax.

See if amazon offers there Visa card with a $100 gift card.

Yep, or a little extra bump on one of the cam lobes.

Make sure you pull the cord on these like you mean it. They have a small starter handle and like to kick if you pull it over slowly.
Could try to pull slowly past TDC on compression stroke then pull like you mean it.Works great kick starting XR-600's, lol.

Two stroke tech just never advanced at the rate of 4 strokes. I'm old enough to remember the suzuki 3 cylinder 50cc road race bikes from 1967 that got the rules changed because they far outclassed the singles. They turned 18,000 rpm and made almost 30hp. Imagine if a 250 cc bike had been balanced to turn even 15,000 rpm, it would have been unrideable. I can remember the factory honda cr500 bikes at the washougal national back in the mid 80's were making 70hp. The suzuki 50 3cyl motor had like 25cc stroke by 50mm bores, I would have loved to have heard one in person. They must of screamed, but they also had like a 15 speed gearbox to keep on the pipe.
I rode a cr 250 Honda at Washougal outdoor national in 1985. I didn’t qualify for the National.
I rode the Outdoor series in 84,85,and 86.
Only went to Washington in 85. Long trek fron Oklahoma.
I was fast enough to have a pro license, but seldom made the 40 rider final Motos.
Good Times.

I rode a cr 250 Honda at Washougal outdoor national in 1985. I didn’t qualify for the National.
I was fast enough to have a pro license, but seldom made the 40 rider final Motos.
Good Times.

Massive thread drift!

Ok good stories when we drift.

TSC is sold out here of senix four stroke saws($169). Amazon has one left ($122). List $199.

So far I have $175 in amazon gift cards should I buy another chainsaw? Which one?

Ever think about the work that goes into this stuff.

Ok good stories when we drift.

TSC is sold out here of senix four stroke saws($169). Amazon has one left ($122). List $199.

So far I have $175 in amazon gift cards should I buy another chainsaw? Which one?

Ever think about the work that goes into this stuff.
Buy the cheapest 2 stroke saw and review it.

Good Times.
Nice!

I just received another $50 so I have $225 now.

I wish the senix chain saw to disassemble it. I think a better design would be a flathead no added weight from rockers and pushrods and larger head.

I had 15 restored late 70’s mid 80’s Husqvarna bikes with a total of 27.

To the first part my Honda brushcutters have the two valves totally in line/ parallel to the cylinder bore, pretty primitive. Any idea if this senix is more involved. There is a limit to the air cooled power available and the two cycle gets more cooling from the vaporization of the fuel.

As to the second part and dirt bikes, I think the high revving super over square 4 valve designs exceed the two cycle designs of recent. Take the 250 years ago they all seem to be 72mm stroke and what 66.4mm bore to make 249cc. the four cycle ones are what like 60mm stroke. I am not up on what dyno guys or the certificate of origion is on them,. Seems off road the two cycle is preferred by top riders and in motocross it is the four stroke though in motocross I doubt they compete for the same trophies, At least in the AA and pro classes.
Four strokes have taken over MX because the have a 100% displacement advantage over two strokes. They are also way more tech heavy, way more expensive and have worse reliability.
What happened in MX wasn't an emmissions thing it was a political thing with Honda and Yamaha.

Fourstroke bikes have crippled me riders do to heavy bikes. Doug Henry, a few others. I built older 2 stroke husky bikes. Air cooled is where I want to be, no coolant, no water pump. When I’m miles down the pipeline in mass. Can’t break down. What a ride on the pipe.

I just ordered a tri link full chisel chain, .050”/3/8,LP 62dl for the senix. Hog out the gullet. We don’t run small saws that much. I have Montgomery Wards, Poulan xxv, around 30 cc. My husky 385 & 570 do storm backup.

I have amsol 5/30 s/s full syn oil for the four stroke.

Latest posts

Back