The senix 4 stroke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new replacement Senix had obviously been test run, and still had more sparkle in the oil than I'd like to see.
Not a good thing to hear. Did you contact them and tell them?
I’m not sure wether to run mine or leave it in the box.

I just picked up a new Windsor 16” bar with a full chisel chain from eBay. I grabbed some tri link bar deals with two chains for my animal wood shark Poulans. Not many deals out there but these fit a few saws.

I picked up some amsoil 5/30 full synthetic for breakin. I’ll mix some moly with it.

Run it, mine had some metal in the first oil change but hasn't had any that was noticable since. If you aren't used to small four strokes like these it can be concerning.
This is more than normal. The first oil change after a couple hours should look a bit grey and sparkly. My Honda only had a couple sparkles, and that was it. .

This is more than normal. The first oil change after a couple hours should look a bit grey and sparkly. My Honda only had a couple sparkles, and that was it. .

Did you notice if yours had any oil residue in the oil fill when you got it because mine was bone dry. I gonna change the oil in mine again this week and see I get any crankcase bling since I've been running it hard a little bit. The mesh air filter on these suck and I'm surprised a valve hasn't stuck open with all of the fines it lets by.

Did you notice if yours had any oil residue in the oil fill when you got it because mine was bone dry. I gonna change the oil in mine again this week and see I get any crankcase bling since I've been running it hard a little bit. The mesh air filter on these suck and I'm surprised a valve hasn't stuck open with all of the fines it lets by.
Yes, the crankcase was oily and there were sparkles before I ever added oil.

Of course. Haven't done more than run the new one in the shop for a few seconds.

This covid stuff is ********. Cold symptoms are gone, but get light headed and dizzy after doing near nothing. So dizzy I could barely stand after carrying in one wheelbarrow load of firewood. I paid someone else to change the oil in my car for the first time in my life. It's no joke. I'm not using a chainsaw any time soon.

Of course. Haven't done more than run the new one in the shop for a few seconds.

This covid stuff is ********. Cold symptoms are gone, but get light headed and dizzy after doing near nothing. So dizzy I could barely stand after carrying in one wheelbarrow load of firewood. I paid someone else to change the oil in my car for the first time in my life. It's no joke. I'm not using a chainsaw any time soon.

I hope you get better soon and have no long term ill effects from it.

In case anyone was curious on how to change the oil, Here's the instructions from the manual. There is no separate drain bolt underneath.
IMG_2603.JPG

These two pics are for the first oil fill and subsequent oil checks, but are part of step 3 above.
IMG_2608.JPGIMG_2609.JPG

The more I read about the Senix 4-stroke, the more I have to have one, can't get it til the 3rd. (Feb) but for $124. on Amazon, how could one go wrong, cost's me more than that to fill my Ram 2500 with diesel, and I will get some fun out of a 4-stroke saw and it's an oddity and I love odd chainsaws.

It looks cool. I had to have one. Here’s my 365 sitting on the box.

If the prices drop again on the senix I’d like to grab another one. My first one was $62/free ship.

Attachments

• A281A5B3-0D6C-46B7-8F0B-8AB43D46DFDE.jpeg
    A281A5B3-0D6C-46B7-8F0B-8AB43D46DFDE.jpeg
    785.3 KB · Views: 17
Btw, amazon gives you a $50 off any item when we get approved for a amazon Visa card. $70 for a senix..?

Back