The senix 4 stroke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll let you know I ordered from Amazon. It’ll be here Saturday. Since it’s only been in single digits here it’s gotta warm up a little before I’m outside. Let ya know what plug it’s got Saturday
Did you get the $50 off Visa card deal?

Did you get the $50 off Visa card deal?
First of all the thing is heavy! 13.5 lbs power head. As a comparison my rip off chineseum g255 weighs 11.8 and my Jonsered 670 weighs 14. It’s slow of course but has a lot of torque that only a 4 stroke has. Started right up out of the box using 90 octane that has no alcohol. It’ll fool you if you drop start it, it has a lot of compression (170 lbs) and not broken in yet so watch your starting hand! Cut up a junk power pole with it and no problems except the muffler gets VERY hot but more on that later

First of all the thing is heavy! 13.5 lbs power head. As a comparison my rip off chineseum g255 weighs 11.8 and my Jonsered 670 weighs 14. It’s slow of course but has a lot of torque that only a 4 stroke has. Started right up out of the box using 90 octane that has no alcohol. It’ll fool you if you drop start it, it has a lot of compression (170 lbs) and not broken in yet so watch your starting hand! Cut up a junk power pole with it and no problems except the muffler gets VERY hot but more on that later
Got the $50 off

I had to put saws on the back burner for a little while because I wasn't in the right mental state to be cutting, I just quit giving a **** about anything and was going through the motions but I'm back and got plenty to cut tomorrow so I'm going to try and kill this saw or burn through a bunch of fuel at least.

I think I missed the answer to this post, anyone know what NGK will go in this saw? I just got mine today, on my way out now to try it, hard to start first time, now starts right up.
Mine started but not easily and now starts 1st or2nd pull. I gave mine a “little” help with some brake and parts cleaner. Good running saw but I haven’t looked at the plug yet. Heavy little bastard! 13 lbs. my Jonsered 2150 only
I think I missed the answer to this post, anyone know what NGK will go in this saw? I just got mine today, on my way out now to try it, hard to start first time, now starts right up.
Haven’t looked at the plug yet. Heavy bastard, at 13 lbs. compared to my Jonsered 2150 at 10 lbs. and my 670 at 11.5 lbs. Runs good with LOTS of torque as a 4 stroke should have. You’ll need a set of 10 or 12 carb screwdrivers to adjust it as mine was way rich.

I had to put saws on the back burner for a little while because I wasn't in the right mental state to be cutting, I just quit giving a **** about anything and was going through the motions but I'm back and got plenty to cut tomorrow so I'm going to try and kill this saw or burn through a bunch of fuel at least.
Glad you're back. None of this saw ******** means anything if we're not tuned right up top.

Good evening, took my "new" senix 4-stroke out today, ran really rough when I first started it, after 10 minutes or so it straightened pretty good, after another 15 minutes of cutting I noticed it bogged down in the wood (i'm used to 2 strokes) gave it more throttle and cut good, except after about 10 to 15 seconds at full throttle, it like runs out of gas and dies, starts right back up and idles and runs and cuts good (although slow) at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle full throttle it dies. would like open hi jet screw a little, anyone know what kind tool it takes? Has an offset hole in the jet screw. Thinking of needle nose pliers (didn't have any with me).
Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Good evening, took my "new" senix 4-stroke out today, ran really rough when I first started it, after 10 minutes or so it straightened pretty good, after another 15 minutes of cutting I noticed it bogged down in the wood (i'm used to 2 strokes) gave it more throttle and cut good, except after about 10 to 15 seconds at full throttle, it like runs out of gas and dies, starts right back up and idles and runs and cuts good (although slow) at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle full throttle it dies. would like open hi jet screw a little, anyone know what kind tool it takes? Has an offset hole in the jet screw. Thinking of needle nose pliers (didn't have any with me).
You can buy the complete carb adjustment kit from eBay for around $12 mine had 8 different styles of carb screws in and only one sorta fits it enough to turn the screws. My saw was way rich so I leaned it out. It’s a four stroke so lean it out in wood so it’s at its peak.

It takes the A circle carburetor tool. Mine was too rich at the start today being 30 degrees warmer than the last time I ran it.

Mine was lean out of the box. Had to richen the low and high both.
Thank you for the comments and info, I ordered the carb tool set (with a-circle), my saw dies at high speed, like it's running out of fuel, I'm not sure about rich and lean on a 4-stroke? Does it act the same as 2-strokes?
Also seems to run really hot. Anyone do anything to the muffler yet? and you are right it's HEAVY. I have to keep reminding myself, I bought it as novelty, not as my go to saw. For $115. on Amazon , it's fun so far.

Back