The weather thread

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature
This weeks update.
It's been in the low to mid 90's all week with high humidity. A cool front is supposed to roll in tonight. I just stepped out to pee at midnight and it's starting to drop a little. It is supposed to get down in the 40's at night for the next few days. I'm sure it will heat back up again after that. I do like the summer because I never have to worry about what to wear for the day. Fall winter and spring I always have to pay attention so I know how to dress.
I am surprised that a cool front made it down this far this early. They usually peeter out before they get hear this time of the year. The good news is hurricane season is about over so there is that good news. Still no signs of the leaves changing here. Everything is still green.
Hows it in your neck of the woods?
Yup. The cold front plowed through last night, a few rumbles of thunder, but the wind is howling this morning, pushing all that hot summer air away. Yea!!
This weeks forecast: high upper 60s, lows upper 40s.
Nice!:dancing:Maybe get some serious yard work done finally.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yup. The cold front plowed through last night, a few rumbles of thunder, but the wind is howling this morning, pushing all that hot summer air away. Yea!!
This weeks forecast: high upper 60s, lows upper 40s.
Nice!:dancing:Maybe get some serious yard work done finally.
I just stepped out on the porch in my underwear for my morning pee and Berrr! was a little brisk. Starting to get a few more calls for firewood this morning.
No rain came with the front. Clear and sunny this morning. I hope this sticks around a few days. Feels good!

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
A guy came by and bought 2 cords this morning. I started out with a long sleeve shirt but I pealed that off in five min. Loaded 2 whole cords and didn't even break a sweat. It's a beautiful 65 degrees with clear blue sunny skys.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

The bottom fell out last night! :cold:37F this morning
Winterizing today.. don't need to do much, just put up the board insulation over the skirting of the mobile home I'm in.
Winter in the farmhouse was a constant worry, but it's vacant now and I had the water cut off at the main several years ago.:yes: No more worries there.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Yakivegas. Wa patiently awaiting the collapse
48 degrees and rain this morning. Right now it’s 60 and breezy out of the SW.
Big weather system coming thru here soon

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Yakivegas. Wa patiently awaiting the collapse
Will that make a dent in the drought situation?
It will help with whatever is left of the fires and that’s about it. They say we are in a drought but there wasn’t a problem with irrigating crops this year as we had plenty of snow pack for the reservoirs. That’s what matters.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Fall in full flight , leaves are leaving . Bright yellow , red & rust . Temps lower this week with a few frosts . 35 f this morning , with only 50 perhaps for a high with partly cloudy skies . The cooler weather really helps during tree cutting & splitting sessions . November rifle season just around the corner , the last few frosts should push the rut forward . Love this time of season !

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Hi folks
Since it's officially fall, I wanted to try to start a weather thread so everyone can post up the weather conditions in there area.
Temps, rain fall, snow, ice so we can see what everyone is dealing with.Also maybe some info on what the foliage is doing.

I'm north of Houston and our temps today were 79 degrees with 90% humidity. Mostly cloudy with a few local spotty showers.
Yesterday I had 2.8 inches in my rain gauge. Trees are not yet turning but my pecan trees are starting to drop some leaves even though they are still green. No fall colors yet down here in the deep south.What's it like in your neck of the woods?

Fall in full flight , leaves are leaving . Bright yellow , red & rust . Temps lower this week with a few frosts . 35 f this morning , with only 50 perhaps for a high with partly cloudy skies . The cooler weather really helps during tree cutting & splitting sessions . November rifle season just around the corner , the last few frosts should push the rut forward . Love this time of season !
season is Fall, colorful leaves..... and hunting season is upon us ~
zzzxhc.jpg

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
My brand new stove for the shop came in the other day and the install is complete. To bad it's 83 degrees with 73% humidity and the forecast is the same for the next 7 days. Not exactly fire worthy weather but I'm ready when it is. I got the stove centered up a little better, leveled and I'll have the brick completed by the time it gets cold enough to fire it up. I have plenty of wood to work up for the next month so I will be busy doing that. I'm going to redo by barn door as well so I can close it up and keep the wind out. IMG_5204.JPG

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Still running the AC with temps in the low to mid 80's with a forecast of 2 nights of low 50's then back up in the high 70's for the day. Not a big bumper crop of acorns yet compared to last year. Last year it was like walking on marbles with acorns everywhere. Still no fall colors yet ether. I've been getting more calls for cord wood this year compared to last year. That late hard freeze we had last year is still fresh on peoples minds so there shopping for wood early this year. Wood sales have picked up so thats good news. The new shop stove is smaller then the house stove and is as wide but not as deep as the house stove but it does fit the spot better then a deeper stove would. With a smaller firebox I will have to feed it a little more often then I did with the old pot belly stove I use to have in the shop.

Aussie Tonks

Aussie Tonks

Down here in Australia, on the south coast of Western Australia it is still cold and wet. I have even got the fire in the living room stoked up. We have mainly hardwood forests here eg Jarrah, Karri, Red Gum and other eucalyptus species. The wood is good slow burning fuel. Maximum temperature here today is 15 degrees Celsius about 59 degrees Farenheit. We are nearly in the third month of spring! It is great to hear about your part of the world from your posts. Look after yourselves.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
My brand new stove for the shop came in the other day and the install is complete. To bad it's 83 degrees with 73% humidity and the forecast is the same for the next 7 days. Not exactly fire worthy weather but I'm ready when it is. I got the stove centered up a little better, leveled and I'll have the brick completed by the time it gets cold enough to fire it up. I have plenty of wood to work up for the next month so I will be busy doing that. I'm going to redo by barn door as well so I can close it up and keep the wind out. View attachment 936813
sharp! i like it... what brand is it? any links? did u have to get your one flue pipe, etc?

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Still running the AC with temps in the low to mid 80's with a forecast of 2 nights of low 50's then back up in the high 70's for the day. Not a big bumper crop of acorns yet compared to last year. Last year it was like walking on marbles with acorns everywhere. Still no fall colors yet ether. I've been getting more calls for cord wood this year compared to last year. That late hard freeze we had last year is still fresh on peoples minds so there shopping for wood early this year. Wood sales have picked up so thats good news. The new shop stove is smaller then the house stove and is as wide but not as deep as the house stove but it does fit the spot better then a deeper stove would. With a smaller firebox I will have to feed it a little more often then I did with the old pot belly stove I use to have in the shop.
...same here, but highs in the 80's/low 90s! about to change though...

no acorns yet, but seeing plenty pecans...

hope the new shop stove keeps u warm, well when u need it... any time is ok for a fire to warm me up! lol... yesterday's camp fire. high was 91F
P1010004.JPGP1010005.JPG
had one going all afternoon today, too... ash bin about half full now...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
big storms to be rolling in... ☔ mid morning-time or so. bit on the nasty side is the prediction... but, while fierce, fast... bringing sunny and high 70s for the afternoon

currently 79f and 1635311680385.png

maybe 49F Friday morning...

Latest posts