The weather thread

Help Support ArboristSite:

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Down here in Australia, on the south coast of Western Australia it is still cold and wet. I have even got the fire in the living room stoked up. We have mainly hardwood forests here eg Jarrah, Karri, Red Gum and other eucalyptus species. The wood is good slow burning fuel. Maximum temperature here today is 15 degrees Celsius about 59 degrees Farenheit. We are nearly in the third month of spring! It is great to hear about your part of the world from your posts. Look after yourselves.
Good to here from down under. I started this thread because I find it interesting what kind of weather people are dealing with. Thanks for chiming in. Keep us posted.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
...same here, but highs in the 80's/low 90s! about to change though...

no acorns yet, but seeing plenty pecans...

hope the new shop stove keeps u warm, well when u need it... any time is ok for a fire to warm me up! lol... yesterday's camp fire. high was 91F
View attachment 937417View attachment 937418
had one going all afternoon today, too... ash bin about half full now...
I think on Friday night I think we are going way down in the low 50's. :eek:

Backyard Lumberjack
Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Well the “Bomb Cyclone” rolled thru over the weekend and into Monday. Nothing spectacular just a good amount of rain and a little wind. Cleared up a bit yesterday and I could see the mountains and foothills got a good dusting of snow. 46 on the porch this morning and looking at a high of 60 and clear skies so it’s gonna be a gorgeous day. Won’t last long as another system is moving in late tomorrow with more rain.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
76/79F Big Storms headed our way. just E of Austin now, line runs way-y up N! nasty sums it up in one word!! :omg: View attachment 937445 now, View attachment 937446later

a ☔ morning up ahead....
Rain just moved in about an hour ago (7:30am) Temps just dropped about 10 degrees. Lows tonight around 60 and tomorrow night should be 52 degrees. A strong line of rain is marching this way so it looks like rain for the next few hours. Electricity is off so I may have to kick on the generator before long if it stays off. My power ups are keeping my PC running for the moment but they only last a few hours before the battery runs down. It shows I have 81 min left before the battery on the power ups runs down.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
thanks. weighing in close to 300#'s wonder how u moved it. does it unbolt and break down into sections?
Says it weighs 258lbs. I had a neighbor come help me unload it out of my truck and I used my dolly to roll it into place. The fire bricks can be removed but I left them in place and didn't take them out.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just kicked the genny on because my power ups were almost out of power. Thats fine, I needed to exorcise the genny for a little bit. I generally run them about an hour a month to keep them in good working order. I always use E free fuel in them as well to keep them in good shape. I have 2 Honda EU3000is generators. One for the shop and one for the house.

Backyard Lumberjack
I just kicked the genny on because my power ups were almost out of power. Thats fine, I needed to exorcise the genny for a little bit. I generally run them about an hour a month to keep them in good working order. I always use E free fuel in them as well to keep them in good shape. I have 2 Honda EU3000is generators. One for the shop and one for the house.
we still got power... but may have to turn on the heater

69F currently!

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
12: 00pm and the rain has pushed through and the sun is back out and power is back on. Got 0.7 inches in the rain gauge. Temps dropped to 64* and it feels real nice now. Chimney pipe on shop stove seems to be water tight, no leaking with the rain this morning. Not really cool enough for a fire but I just started a little fire in it just for fun. Stove is burning very clean with absolutely no smoke coming out of the chimney. Just clear heat waves. Chimney pipe is strait up with no bends and is working perfectly.

Latest posts