The weather thread

Help Support ArboristSite:

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Made it all the way down to 47 degrees this morning. I just fired up the shop stove just to take the chill out of the air. Supposed to hit 77 today. Yes we do have excessive heat to deal with in the summer but it's the fall, winter and spring that brings us spectacular weather down here in the south. I also just fired up the house stove for the first time this year. Should be a great day for splitting wood with these temps. Long sleeves in the morning and t shirt during the day. Couldn't ask for better weather.

Backyard Lumberjack
Made it all the way down to 47 degrees this morning. I just fired up the shop stove just to take the chill out of the air. Supposed to hit 77 today. Yes we do have excessive heat to deal with in the summer but it's the fall, winter and spring that brings us spectacular weather down here in the south. I also just fired up the house stove for the first time this year. Should be a great day for splitting wood with these temps. Long sleeves in the morning and t shirt during the day. Couldn't ask for better weather.
ave 7 of the 12 months, cooler temps. but summer? lol, we pay for it....

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
A Canadian cold front is supposed to make it here tonight witch is odd this time or year for them to make it this far south. Started raining about 2:30 this afternoon and shut me down from splitting wood. I did get a trailer load of bagged wood splits in the shop so I can move indoors and keep working. Temps are supposed to get down in the 40's at night for the next few days and low 60's for highs.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cold and rainy all day yesterday and I felt bad all day. Phone rang a bunch of times but I didn't even answer it. I think I worked to hard the day before and spent the day yesterday paying the price. Cool 50 degree start this morning with beautiful sunshine. It's supposed to hit 70 degrees today and be nice all weekend. I have to learn to slow down in my old age and not keep over doing things like I am young or something. I keep making that mistake. My mind says go and my body says no.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Still fantastic weather with lows in the low 50's and highs in the mid 70's.
We had one day of gray rainy weather in the past 3 weeks and fantastic mild fall weather.
Not a political rant but I just made a run for fuel and got hit with $3.10.9 fuel prices. 3 five gallon cans and topped off my truck ran me $90.00
Under Trump that same fuel would have only cost me about $45.00
On a different note: there are only 4 things I like about winter weather. The first 3 can be lumped into one. No snakes or mosquitos and ticks and no leaves on the trees so it makes it easy to see through the woods.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Looking for the Light in the Darkness
Still fantastic weather with lows in the low 50's and highs in the mid 70's.
We had one day of gray rainy weather in the past 3 weeks and fantastic mild fall weather.
Not a political rant but I just made a run for fuel and got hit with $3.10.9 fuel prices. 3 five gallon cans and topped off my truck ran me $90.00
Under Trump that same fuel would have only cost me about $45.00
On a different note: there are only 4 things I like about winter weather. The first 3 can be lumped into one. No snakes or mosquitos and ticks and no leaves on the trees so it makes it easy to see through the woods.
Same here!
Except, I get the no ethanol and Sat. it was $3.99/gal. but that was close to the interstate. The place I used to buy it (I stopped because their pumps were always a problem) had it for $3.59
I like the lack of leaves because it gives me a clear view of the stars.:yes:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Looking for the Light in the Darkness
I got the yard mowed/leaves mulched just in time yesterday - it was extremely windy, but not too chilly. The wind always helps to blow a lot of the leaves into my neighbors yard. :laugh:

Today's a different story!
Major cold front heading our way, high today 61, lows through the weekend, 32 to 29 with high's 47 to 51! :cold:

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Got a front that blew through yesterday morning that brought 1.4 inches of rain and a slight drop in temps. It had wormed back to the point that having a fire wasn't happening. I did start a small fire last night about midnight to take the chill out of the air but I let it go out in a few hours.
I mowed a few spots yesterday and I'm glad the grass has stopped growing. I will have to mow just to shred the leaves but the grass has all but stopped growing. I stopped yesterday and got the parts to fix my heater in my truck before the real cold stuff arrives next month. During the summer it blew the heater core hose so I just bypassed it at the time but I will be needing it soon. I have a few water pipes to cover that froze last year and I didn't insulate them when I repaired them at the time.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Another stellar weather day today. I had to go back to the parts store today for another heater hose. The place I stopped at yesterday only had 5/8 hose and I thought it would fit but it was a little too small when I tried to install it today. I went to a different store and picked up 5 feet of 3/4 hose and got my heater hooked back up. I went ahead and replaced both the send and return hoses.

Brufab
Pretty crappy day here in mid michigan. Thought I was gonna have sun when I got home from the wife's Dr appointment but sure enough 20 mins from home and the skies turned gray and it's real damp and cold and windy. Been waiting to start this pl4 I got but weather isn't cooperating 🤬 Wednesday suppose to be mid 50's most leaves are off the trees and the colors were less than spectacular this year.

Latest posts