This is how it started last time......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Broke free of the CAD addiction about 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then. I was just minding my own business when this 245A fell into my lap. Now I have kinda caught the bug again since I have my own house and property and a real shop to store and work on things. Looking back through my youtube I posted my 1st chainsaw video on December 19th and it was of my Poulan 245a I had at the time. Weird how that saw started it then and now 13 years later...another 245a.

Well here it is. She has been taken apart, cleaned up, new fuel line and filter, new air filter that I had saved from 10+ years ago and she is a runner. Damn good one too. I never even took apart the carb. I have some new bars on order so she will be incomplete until then. All she needs is a new duckbill (unsure which one) for the fuel cap and a plastic knob for the manual oiler if I can ever find one.

Poulan 245a Bench Running

PXL_20210801_213854322.jpg
PXL_20210801_213905461.jpg
PXL_20210801_213917020.jpg
PXL_20210801_213924169.jpg

PXL_20210801_213938426.jpg
PXL_20210801_214141030.jpg
PXL_20210801_214150168.jpg

Hello. That's a nice, clean 245A there Wildman. Great job so far, and I'll look forward to pics when its dressed with a nice bar. How's the recoil spring? Complicated process to me when I replaced mine. Always smart to keep extra parts! Best and enjoy, Max.

Nice 245 Wildman. I remember you from back then. I have a 245a almost as nice as yours that I put together from two saws. I'll check tomorrow if I have that oiler knob in my parts.
View attachment 921692
Thanks sweet looking 245 as well. Thanks for seeing if you have a knob. I was unable to find one on eBay.

Hello. That's a nice, clean 245A there Wildman. Great job so far, and I'll look forward to pics when its dressed with a nice bar. How's the recoil spring? Complicated process to me when I replaced mine. Always smart to keep extra parts! Best and enjoy, Max.
Recoil spring is good. It should get a new rope at some point though.

Wow, tin muffler,take good care of that. Our tin mufflers only lasted 3 -4 years of fairly heavy use, then the saws got laid up because we could not get replacements until many years later I found the cast aluminum ones on the internet.

Wow, tin muffler,take good care of that. Our tin mufflers only lasted 3 -4 years of fairly heavy use, then the saws got laid up because we could not get replacements until many years later I found the cast aluminum ones on the internet.

It's actually in amazing shape. I'll do my.best to keep it nice.

Broke free of the CAD addiction about 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then. I was just minding my own business when this 245A fell into my lap. Now I have kinda caught the bug again since I have my own house and property and a real shop to store and work on things. Looking back through my youtube I posted my 1st chainsaw video on December 19th and it was of my Poulan 245a I had at the time. Weird how that saw started it then and now 13 years later...another 245a.

Well here it is. She has been taken apart, cleaned up, new fuel line and filter, new air filter that I had saved from 10+ years ago and she is a runner. Damn good one too. I never even took apart the carb. I have some new bars on order so she will be incomplete until then. All she needs is a new duckbill (unsure which one) for the fuel cap and a plastic knob for the manual oiler if I can ever find one.

Poulan 245a Bench Running

View attachment 921651
View attachment 921652
View attachment 921653
View attachment 921654

View attachment 921655
View attachment 921656
View attachment 921657
Looks like the first one you had and one in Dayton orange if I remember correctly. I don’t have any of those anymore. At one time I had 4-5 306, 245 Poulan, Dayton and even wizard

Yeah. Has it been 13 years? Good, got out of the city. Lots of other changes but that was the best one.
Good for you man. It's been at least 10-11 years or so. When is our next saw exchange at the Lee outlets haha.

I've gotten myself together too. Quit living in apartments trying to play saw mechanic. Met a really good girl and got married. Bought a nice house and property. Things are going well.

Was not really thinking about saws until this 245 came into my life. Now its given me the bug again. I'm ok with it though...I'm older and wiser now haha.

Latest posts

Back