Thoughts on my new 5100s Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thall,
Good to see you're thinking of adding another German saw manufacturer to your lineup!:clap: We need more established & respected Dolmar dealers in the US.

Steve

THALL10326 said:
The brainstorm is simple my friend. Lets say I lived a few miles from you and I'm a Dolmar fan. Remember I'm the customer, not the seller. I'm hardcore Dolmar and you sell Stihl. No matter what you tell me I want a Dolmar. You tell me all the hoop la about a Stihl and so on but if I still want a Dolmar whats gonna happen, you aren't gonna sell me a Stihl. Are you with me here?? Now if you had both on the shelf it wouldn't take you long to figure out what I want now would it? If you carried both I win and you win. I get what I want, my chocie of saw and you get what you want, a sale. Thats the brainstorm. Everyone wins. This non-sense issue of hardcore defence of my line up is better than their line up will not prevail to the hardcore customer that wants what he wants. The dealer who says my products are the best in the world is only cutting his own throat to those that aren't a fan of that product. He needs to say its a good product. That way should another brand ever come along he would be able to sell it side by side and not have to eat a ton of crow from the customers he's been lying to all along about the best product in the world. For what its worth there is no best product in the world. Here is where I will take defence of Stihl. Old man Stihl once said quote "no product is so good it cannot be improved", unquote. So there you have it, that is the brainstorm. If they are both good products and there is demand for both then sell them both and I'll see the ones that agru "ours is better" at the bank. Lordie me sometime I wonder if dealers would rather argu than sell sell sell. Thats what it all comes down to, sell sell sell. On this site its fun to sit back and fuss and fued and play around. Its neat to slip in a few slurs (sometimes books on my part,hehe) to see the reaction. In the store there is no place for any of this, its back to business and sell sell sell.
thank's for the brainstorm explanation, being a new dealer with dolmer i'll take to heart any advice i can get. i've been following this forum for several year's but seldom posted. will try to interject a little 65 year old wisdom in the future. (If you young fella's can bear it.)

spike60 said:
Well Thall buddy it will be good to have you in the Dolmar family!

But what are you and my friend Sedanman going to argue about now?

Seriously, maybe out of all of the past two weeks controversy, the whiners and complainers are running out of steam and dealers like Thall will come forward and see a good opportunity. Dolmar needs GOOD dealers. It looks like they are about to get a real good one in Virginia!

Don't forget to ask for some hats Thall.

What are Sedanman and me gonna argu about, hmmmmmmmm, dayumm never thought about that. Man this sucks. I should have considered that because him and me going at it is almost as much fun as selling saws. Hey wait Spike, Sedanman is a car buff. He and me can agru cars and keep the Saturday nite fights alive and well,haha. Him and me have made arrangements though, we will be charging all you other guys for the entertaiment,haha.
Back to the real world you are right Spike. All this non-sense has run its course and in the process of it I do see alot of ways to give what everyone is arguing over. Whether they walk out the door carring a Stihl or Dolmar doesn't bother me in the least providing they go out carring something, thats the only real issue that matters.
Hats, whatcha talking bout. I don't wear hats. They tend to mess up my pro-fess-un-nul kombed Elvis style "do". Haha.

sugarbush said:
thank's for the brainstorm explanation, being a new dealer with dolmer i'll take to heart any advice i can get. i've been following this forum for several year's but seldom posted. will try to interject a little 65 year old wisdom in the future. (If you young fella's can bear it.)

I'm glad to see your 65 years old. That tells me right there you probly have forgotton more than most of us in our 40's have ever learned inculding myslef. I respect wisdom and age so rest assured anything you post I will surely read. So stop reading the posts and put up some of that 65 year old wisdom for us and rest assured it will be apprecaited.

THALL, talking about giving the customer what he wants-The PS-460, 510 and 5100S were started by asking users what they wanted in a chainsaw. With that information from the field Dolmar then went to the drawing board and built this family of saws. See why they are so popular so quickly.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
THALL, talking about giving the customer what he wants-The PS-460, 510 and 5100S were started by asking users what they wanted in a chainsaw. With that information from the field Dolmar then went to the drawing board and built this family of saws. See why they are so popular so quickly.

I like how you said that, what the customer wants, not what the dealer wants. Thats perfect thinking. The dealers may be your customers but they won't be for long if you don't provide them with something the public will buy. Smart, very smart. I can see exactly how they would be so popular, they were made for the majority, not the minority. Very good thinking on Dolmars part indeed. I looked at your line up on the web and I see you even named one of your models after me, the PS-3410-TH. Now that was real smart,haha. Just messing with ya.

166 said:
Thall,
Good to see you're thinking of adding another German saw manufacturer to your lineup!:clap: We need more established & respected Dolmar dealers in the US.

Steve
Sorry I overlooked your post. Don't cha think it would be neat if some hardcore Dolmar buff walked in, used to seeing only Stihl and not knowing Dolmars are sitting overthere on the shelf, and said how come you don't sell Dolmar, I think they are the best. I'd grin and say is that right, which one ya after, they are sitting right there. I think personally this may be a helluva good idea.

THALL10326 said:
Hey Fastcat if I drive out to your house and bring you back to the store and say heres the Dolmar you wanted would ya buy it? I've had a brainstorm tonight designed to reallllllllllllllllllllly put some saws out the door.

Thall, sure I would but you'de have a loooooong drive to my house:laugh: Ran the saw some more yesterday. Sat. it was about 45 degrees so I flipped the carb breather thingy open. Now Sun day it was 25 so I closed it back up again. Still running great! That will be great Thall if you get the Dolmar line too. Hope it works out for you! If that Stihl dealer would have gave me the time of day and I got a chance to run one, like I did the Dolmar, maybe I would of bought the Stihl. I doubt it though because right out of the gate I like this saw a hell of a lot better then I ever liked my 55 weed wip. This things a little hot rod!

Fastcast said:
Thall, sure I would but you'de have a loooooong drive to my house:laugh: Ran the saw some more yesterday. Sat. it was about 45 degrees so I flipped the carb breather thingy open. Now Sun day it was 25 so I closed it back up again. Still running great! That will be great Thall if you get the Dolmar line too. Hope it works out for you! If that Stihl dealer would have gave me the time of day and I got a chance to run one, like I did the Dolmar, maybe I would of bought the Stihl. I doubt it though because right out of the gate I like this saw a hell of a lot better then I ever liked my 55 weed wip. This things a little hot rod!

haha, yep you would be hard on my gas bill to bring you in the store. Sounds like your really enjoying that new saw and thats all that matters. Like how you talk too, a 55 weed wip, never heard a trimmer called that. I'm gonna add that to my sales pitch. I found out long ago if you can get a laff out of a customer in front of the display 99 times out of a 100 he buys. Can't wait till spring and say ok buddy what kind of weed whipper ya looking for. I'm betting it brings a smile and a sale. I owe you one..........

I may be mistaken but it could have been in a conversation that I had with Dolmar Tech when I was told that. For sure someone within that Makita/Dolmar organization told me that or something to that effect. I agree...BS...but they lay out the terms of the warranty and I wouldn't be surprised if it states that any modification may void said warranty. I'll have to look and see what my copy says. It's an old one though...goes with a DCS520i...about ten years old. It may have been something that would impact the dealer who sold it. I bought mine from an Echo dealer.

That's an easy thing to get around.

Don't "scrap" the chain. Use it once or twice and store it.

If the saw breaks down, swap chains and take it in for service or replacement.

Ta...da...

:greenchainsaw:

Back