Thoughts on my new 5100s Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
ABSOLUTELY. If you wish to talk to me on Monday to discuss furhter, I will send you a PM with my cell number to discuss.

You betcha. This is the way CUSTOMERS WIN. All the bull of who is the best and this and that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Its the CUSTOMER that counts. I think having whatever brand any customer wants is best for the customer, the person who pays the bills. Send me that PM.....

THALL10326, I forwarded your comments to the sales manager for Preferred Power and as soon as you and I talk I will contact him and have him send the rep over to discuss DOLMAR's future in your shop.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
It is a product liability issue. Elmore, trust me it was not me that would have told you using a different chain or bar will void your warranty. But again using the wrong bar say a D009 bar on the PS-5100 will cause problems as this bar has a 9mm slot and the studs on the 5100 are 8mm so you have slop that could cause damage to the crankcase and this would then not be covered.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I am asking how that would cause damage to the crankcase? I have redrilled a D009 mount to fit on the K095 mount. Yes, the bar slot is 1mm bigger, but if the chain it tensioned and tightened down correctly, there should be no damage done to the case. Mine has been on that saw for about 4 years with tons of hours on it. Like I said, not trying to be Mr. smarty pants, I am just asking in all seriousness.

Steve

The bar can move up and down and put undue pressure on the studs and allow them to destroy the threads in the crankcase, thus damaging the crankcase. I only say this as I have seen it and was just making that case and example of wrong bar - caused a voided warranty.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
THALL10326, I forwarded your comments to the sales manager for Preferred Power and as soon as you and I talk I will contact him and have him send the rep over to discuss DOLMAR's future in your shop.

Thank you. I'm glad I have never told any customer they are buying the best product made, I always say its a good product. I can easily say the same about the Dolmars, its a good product. I won't have to eat any crow with my base at all.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
The bar can move up and down and put undue pressure on the studs and allow them to destroy the threads in the crankcase, thus damaging the crankcase. I only say this as I have seen it and was just making that case and example of wrong bar - caused a voided warranty.

Not trying to correct you there but if its sold, assembled right by the seller and the customer is informed to such things, as they should be at time of sale, those issues will never arise. Every customer should get all the info they need at time of sale to never have those problems your speaking of. Thats the job of the seller, not the customer.

Dolmar Tech, thank you. I thought that sounded a bit absurd. BTW.....No bar change, just a more aggressive chain. Got to run 3 tanks in it today....WOW....What a sweet saw! A friend and I were clearing a trail in my back plot. Did some felling, bucking and limbing. My friend says "that thing's gettin it" and boy does it ever. Sounds awesome too! Tell the ole boys in Hamburg, keep up the good work.

Fastcast said:
Dolmar Tech, thank you. I thought that sounded a bit absurd. BTW.....No bar change, just a more aggressive chain. Got to run 3 tanks in it today....WOW....What a sweet saw! A friend and I were clearing a trail in my back plot. Did some felling, bucking and limbing. My friend says "that thing's gettin it" and boy does it ever. Sounds awesome too! Tell the ole boys in Hamburg, keep up the good work.

Hey Fastcat if I drive out to your house and bring you back to the store and say heres the Dolmar you wanted would ya buy it? I've had a brainstorm tonight designed to reallllllllllllllllllllly put some saws out the door.

Well Thall buddy it will be good to have you in the Dolmar family!

But what are you and my friend Sedanman going to argue about now?

Seriously, maybe out of all of the past two weeks controversy, the whiners and complainers are running out of steam and dealers like Thall will come forward and see a good opportunity. Dolmar needs GOOD dealers. It looks like they are about to get a real good one in Virginia!

Don't forget to ask for some hats Thall.

THALL10326 said:
Hey Fastcat if I drive out to your house and bring you back to the store and say heres the Dolmar you wanted would ya buy it? I've had a brainstorm tonight designed to reallllllllllllllllllllly put some saws out the door.
care to share your brainstorm with this dolmer dealer in minnesota?

THALL, having watched your posts, you would be a real asset to Dolmar. How would Stihl feel about you carrying another line?

Grease monkey said:
Staples about 30 minutes away! where in brainerd baxter or brainerd?
10003 greenwood st. Brainerd, that's about 1 mile south of the city limit's past the ramada inn witch used to be the holiday inn.

sugarbush said:
care to share your brainstorm with this dolmer dealer in minnesota?

The brainstorm is simple my friend. Lets say I lived a few miles from you and I'm a Dolmar fan. Remember I'm the customer, not the seller. I'm hardcore Dolmar and you sell Stihl. No matter what you tell me I want a Dolmar. You tell me all the hoop la about a Stihl and so on but if I still want a Dolmar whats gonna happen, you aren't gonna sell me a Stihl. Are you with me here?? Now if you had both on the shelf it wouldn't take you long to figure out what I want now would it? If you carried both I win and you win. I get what I want, my chocie of saw and you get what you want, a sale. Thats the brainstorm. Everyone wins. This non-sense issue of hardcore defence of my line up is better than their line up will not prevail to the hardcore customer that wants what he wants. The dealer who says my products are the best in the world is only cutting his own throat to those that aren't a fan of that product. He needs to say its a good product. That way should another brand ever come along he would be able to sell it side by side and not have to eat a ton of crow from the customers he's been lying to all along about the best product in the world. For what its worth there is no best product in the world. Here is where I will take defence of Stihl. Old man Stihl once said quote "no product is so good it cannot be improved", unquote. So there you have it, that is the brainstorm. If they are both good products and there is demand for both then sell them both and I'll see the ones that agru "ours is better" at the bank. Lordie me sometime I wonder if dealers would rather argu than sell sell sell. Thats what it all comes down to, sell sell sell. On this site its fun to sit back and fuss and fued and play around. Its neat to slip in a few slurs (sometimes books on my part,hehe) to see the reaction. In the store there is no place for any of this, its back to business and sell sell sell.

I really look forward to talking to you THALL, you need to explain that philophsy to more Stihl and Husky dealers. I aggree with you completely. We all know there is no perfect product of anykind. We are loooking to be the biggest YET but we strive to be the best and once customers know that Marketing does not make the saw they learn that Dolmar competes with every product with every feature.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
I really look forward to talking to you THALL, you need to explain that philophsy to more Stihl and Husky dealers. I aggree with you completely. We all know there is no perfect product of anykind. We are loooking to be the biggest YET but we strive to be the best and once customers know that Marketing does not make the saw they learn that Dolmar competes with every product with every feature.

Sir I'm sure you have sat back and read some of my posts last week killing the Dolmar. I'm sure you sat there and thought what a SOB. All that was in defence of a man, not a saw. Saws are great but in my world humans come first. I went the lenght to spare that feller any more torment and the whole time I was thinking Lord these dealers, how do they sell anything defending their product more than they would their own blood. I however enjoy people who stand up and fight with pride over their product but last week it got so personal I had to use my product to help that man regain his pride. Spike said it best, it was time to end all that non-sense and we did. I went away thinking hmmmmmmmmm, easy way to solve this argument over who has what, just sellem both and then there is no agrument. We can hmm and haull all we want on here but in the store the saw does not rule the house, the customer does 100%. As for telling the rest about my philophsy they already know the customer comes before the product, if they don't know that then they won't be in business very long. I know exactly what your referring to. I call such dealers product fried. The manufactures pump them up so much over the product that they somehow think they got something specail. Something they can get smart and arongant over to the point they don't have time for the customer because their heads is so swelled and fed by the maker of the product. Such guys as Fastcat was talking about that. He walked out of a Stihl dealer over that. He did the exact right thing and I told him so. I wouldn't buy from the prick he described either. As for marketing Mr Dolmar the best marketing in the world is a customer that was treated right and left the store happy. The worst marketing in the world is the customer who left without buying and went and told a bunch of others to stay away from that place, they are a bunch of a--holes. It all boilds down to one simple thing, the customer. Givem what they want, not just what you want them to buy, and put a simle on their face and send them on their way. They will come back everytime. The man that buys a Dolmar or Stihl saw probly needs a blower and a trimmer later on too. If you treat him good he'll be back to get the other two. Thats marketing. I got your number and I'll be giving you a holler tomorrow...............

tonka said:
THALL, having watched your posts, you would be a real asset to Dolmar. How would Stihl feel about you carrying another line?

I see it the other way around my friend, Dolmar would be a assest to me. If they are in demand and people want to buy them then I bennifit as much as Dolmar. The main ben uh fish e ary, (love that pellin,lol) would be the customer.
As for what would Stihl say, probly nothing. They sit in many showrooms beside Echo at Ace Hardware. They do perfer, like any company would, that you are Stihl only. Thats very easy to understand. They even reward us that are Stihl only but they don't force it. They can't. We had two Husky dealers nearby a few years back that we're FORCED by Husky to sell not only their saws but their mowers as well. Guess what happened. They told them to come get their stuff and both are selling Stihl now. See Husky seemed to forgot those dealers we're their customers. They pushed them and look what happened. Where I'm at there are no Husky dealers and I'm in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. Makes you wonder what in the world was Husky thinking.

Latest posts

Back