Throttle linkage on ms441cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcurbanloggers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have what may be a real bone headed question for you. I just finished rebuilding my first saw after a new guy confused the straight gas with the mixed fuel. Oh well. I am trying to reassemble the saw and put the carb back on. I'm having a really difficult time reassembling the throttle linkage on the left side of the carb. When I slide the brass bead into the appropriate groove, there is about 1/2 in. of play in the cable before all the slack is taken up. There is not enough travel on the trigger mechanism to even tension the cable. I'm thinking I must have the cable hooked up improperly Or routed wrong. I can't seem to make sense of diagrams on line. Either way, I'm confident this is operator error. Any chance some of you could offer some insight and explain how to reattach the linkage?
Thanks in advance,
A

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ok guys, I have what may be a real bone headed question for you. I just finished rebuilding my first saw after a new guy confused the straight gas with the mixed fuel. Oh well. I am trying to reassemble the saw and put the carb back on. I'm having a really difficult time reassembling the throttle linkage on the left side of the carb. When I slide the brass bead into the appropriate groove, there is about 1/2 in. of play in the cable before all the slack is taken up. There is not enough travel on the trigger mechanism to even tension the cable. I'm thinking I must have the cable hooked up improperly Or routed wrong. I can't seem to make sense of diagrams on line. Either way, I'm confident this is operator error. Any chance some of you could offer some insight and explain how to reattach the linkage?
Thanks in advance,
A

Here are some photos. If anyone could send photos of what it's supposed to look like that'd be a big help.
b543f16e1bee3c45aefc15a93ac95602.jpg
831486576f08aa67bc5cd2efde0914c1.jpg
fb726ec60bdee428e07eb8fce78457db.jpg

There is 2 "stops" at the end of that throttle cable.
The cable needs connected at the carb at the second "stop" if you will.
I don't have pictures handy sorry.
I think that's what I've already done.

Did you make sure the cable sheath is in place on both ends?
I've had that cause an issue.
The sheath is sliding some so I bet that's my issue. Does the cable slide over the first brass stop on the cable? Not sure what else could hold it in place.

Back