Tillotson HS idle/transition ports

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no I have understood very well, it’s not an attitude, I’m being factual:

“I’m getting an off idle/transition to high speed bog. With the low speed set to give max idle speed and adjusted to proper rpm with the T/LA screw,”

Firstly this isn’t the way to tune any chainsaw carb… it’s completely wrong.

You then try and follow it up with

“I’m well versed n the nuances of tuning a carb”

But you’ve proved you’re not at all. Your process and procedure is completely wrong. You don’t
find fastest RPM on L and call it good, you don’t use the butterfly to bring down the revs during tuning, you need the L to do that to set the La between the idle
drilling and first progressive drilling. It couldn’t be more wrong.

I’ll tell you what is annoying me, that people like
you come to a forum, get excellent advice from members, yet you decide to still do what you think or your version of the advise given and then back it up with that you have experience. What annoys me is you waste peoples time.

You certainly could have a progressive idle blockage, but until you learn to tune a carb properly, blockage or no blockage it ain’t gunna run right!
You’ve apparently failed to read post #16 where I state that I’ve got the low speed tuned slightly rich and the problem still persists. And for the record I’ve adjusted the carb exactly as you’ve done in your video. It’s not a tuning issue period. Im not wasting your time you chose to spend it, and your continuing to do so of your own fruition.

You’ve apparently failed to read post #16 where I state that I’ve got the low speed tuned slightly rich and the problem still persists. And for the record I’ve adjusted the carb exactly as you’ve done in your video. It’s not a tuning issue period.
I did read it, tuning “slightly” rich isn’t the answer, it shouldn’t be a guess. In my video I don’t tune “slightly rich”. Anyway let’s leave it there, I hope
you get it sorted.

So got a chance to play with this saw a few days ago. Installed a bar, chain, and went through the tuning procedure again. This is a fresh rebuild for the record. Anyway It’s acting the way it should at this point. That little bit of load from the chain definitely had an effect on how the power head responds to carb adjustments. Didn’t think it would be that big a deal at the time, thing is I know better than that. I should have had a bar and chain on it from the beginning. Then I got to over thinking it. Oh well, nobody’s perfect.

Back