ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Timber Bear not starting

MacAttack

MacAttack

I love the smell of 2-stroke
If the passages in the carb aren't plugged, it could be that the metering lever is too low, or for whatever reason the metering diaphragm isn't allowing enough fuel into the H/L circuits.
I'd be cautious about bending the metering lever though, unless it was grossly out of adjustment.

forgetaboudit

forgetaboudit

ArboristSite Member
If the passages in the carb aren't plugged, it could be that the metering lever is too low, or for whatever reason the metering diaphragm isn't allowing enough fuel into the H/L circuits.
I'd be cautious about bending the metering lever though, unless it was grossly out of adjustment.
The metering lever is flush with the carb to plate mating surface

rustymaggot

rustymaggot

ArboristSite Operative
rustymaggot

rustymaggot

ArboristSite Operative
You rock!
ok, so bad news...... the spare carb is doing possibly the same thing yours is. will idle, wont rev up. but, if i put the choke on while trying to rev it up, it revs up into the high rpm. i stopped playing with it so i dont hurt my saw. my thought is the hi speed screw passage is clogged. this spare carb came from a saw with a melted piston so this is maybe why. i put my good carb back on it and its good again. i can still send you this carb, maybe i didnt clean it well enough when i rebuilt it. youd have to play with it. the carb kit parts are new.

forgetaboudit

forgetaboudit

ArboristSite Member
ok, so bad news...... the spare carb is doing possibly the same thing yours is. will idle, wont rev up. but, if i put the choke on while trying to rev it up, it revs up into the high rpm. i stopped playing with it so i dont hurt my saw. my thought is the hi speed screw passage is clogged. this spare carb came from a saw with a melted piston so this is maybe why. i put my good carb back on it and its good again. i can still send you this carb, maybe i didnt clean it well enough when i rebuilt it. youd have to play with it. the carb kit parts are new.
I appreciate it. I'll pass on it, and maybe I'll throw my donor carb on and see how that one responds.