Timber Bear not starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have saw metering valves on new carbs so badly out of adjustment that the engine would "hydro lock" on gas.The aftermarket carbs are decent and inexpensive,but just keep in mind they are thrown together quickly to be sold at such a cheap price.When the end of the metering lever is pushed in,the needle valve should barely move up from its seat.That is always a good starting point.

So the diaphragms are probably still in good shape unless it's had ethonal fuel in it. If it has, that's likely the problem with the carb.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I've always tried to keep ethanol out, but there may have been a couple times it's had ethanol

I think the OP needs to take the carb apart to find the source of the problem. I am betting a stiff metering diaphragm, misadjusted metering lever, or both. Could also be a gummed-up inlet needle not sealing. I'd remove the carb and try a pressure test on the fuel line before I took apart.

I think the OP needs to take the carb apart to find the source of the problem. I am betting a stiff metering diaphragm, misadjusted metering lever, or both. Could also be a gummed-up inlet needle not sealing. I'd remove the carb and try a pressure test on the fuel line before I took apart.
How would I go about the pressure test?

I think once you get the carb disassembled, the problem will present itself. I had a Walbro MDC that kept flooding a saw, I eventually discovered the service manual I was using had a mistake in a diagram, and I had it assembled wrong the whole time. Your saw should NOT be flooding that bad unless something is wrong inside the carb.

I think once you get the carb disassembled, the problem will present itself. I had a Walbro MDC that kept flooding a saw, I eventually discovered the service manual I was using had a mistake in a diagram, and I had it assembled wrong the whole time. Your saw should NOT be flooding that bad unless something is wrong inside the carb.
Who knows I could've put a gasket or diaphragm in wrong last rebuild...
I'm looking up a schematic for my carb so I know what's what.

I went through the carburetor everything is there that should be and seems to be in place. Nothing seemed overly hardened or unpliable.
With my son holding the throttle wide open and me pulling it, it pops once or twice every pull, but won't run. I've dialed the screws a 1/2 turn each direction and get no change. Started at low 1 turn, high 1-1/8 turn

I went through the carburetor everything is there that should be and seems to be in place. Nothing seemed overly hardened or unpliable.
With my son holding the throttle wide open and me pulling it, it pops once or twice every pull, but won't run. I've dialed the screws a 1/2 turn each direction and get no change. Started at low 1 turn, high 1-1/8 turn
Dang that sucks. I wish I knew what to tell you man. Maybe try 2 turns on the low? Maybe someone will have the answer for you.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

As I recall that lever should be just flush with the level of the mounting surface, any higher they will flood

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back