Timber Bear not starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when you give the saw full throttle, turning the high-speed carb screw counter-clockwise has no effect? No matter how much you turn it out the saw doesn't run rich? (Smokey, blubbery...)

So when you give the saw full throttle, turning the high-speed carb screw counter-clockwise has no effect? No matter how much you turn it out the saw doesn't run rich? (Smokey, blubbery...)
None that I can tell. I'll run out and try again in a bit.
I've had the screw almost all the way out and it still bogged out at WOT

If you can back the high speed screw out more than 3 turns with no smoke, it's definitely not getting enough fuel to the high speed circuit. Try a good cleaning, I like to remove both screw needles and squirt some WD 40 into the screw holes and see if it comes out into the throttle body.

If you can back the high speed screw out more than 3 turns with no smoke, it's definitely not getting enough fuel to the high speed circuit. Try a good cleaning, I like to remove both screw needles and squirt some WD 40 into the screw holes and see if it comes out into the throttle body.
I'll give it a shot.

Tore carb apart, sprays all holes and ports with carb cleaner. Everything passed through like it should.
Here's a short video of what it's doing.
Half throttle it runs great, almost like it should at WOT. At WOT the video shows what it does.
I can back out the high needle five full turns and it still does not change wide open throttle or start smoking.

have you pulled your exhaust and visually inspected piston yet? i have a eager beaver that compression tests are around 140 but the piston is melted. itll fire up for a few seconds but dies. also, forget the aftermarket carb. get an original carb. i might have a original carb sitting in a drawer somewhere. ill look and see what i have.

Upload it to YouTube then post a link
I'll get a longer video and post it up shortly. Getting ready to send my son off to his first Homecoming dance lol
have you pulled your exhaust and visually inspected piston yet? i have a eager beaver that compression tests are around 140 but the piston is melted. itll fire up for a few seconds but dies. also, forget the aftermarket carb. get an original carb. i might have a original carb sitting in a drawer somewhere. ill look and see what i have.
I have not, but she runs and idles great.
It is an OEM carb actually

maybe switch it out with a known good carb. at least for testing purposes, if someone will loan you one. or send your carb to someone with a good saw and have them switch carbs and see if the problem is your carb. im happy to test your carb for you if you want to ship it.

maybe switch it out with a known good carb. at least for testing purposes, if someone will loan you one. or send your carb to someone with a good saw and have them switch carbs and see if the problem is your carb. im happy to test your carb for you if you want to ship it.
Where you located?

california 93446 alternatively, i checked my parts and i have multiple spare carbs. if i get time i can rebuild one and test and if its running right, i could ship it to you to test
That would be stellar.
You may need to pop the welch plug and rod out the holes.
What did you just call me??
No, really... Not sure what that is lol

Back