TimberKing 2000 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravisF

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good source for a replacement clutch for the TimberKing 2000? This is a mill that my father owns so I do not have a lot of information to go on but I know that OEM clutch is an Ogura. He has reached out to TimberKing and found that they can get him the part but he was hoping to find a little more cost friendly solution and asked if I could help.

Thanks in advance,Travis

My experience has been those clutches are expensive, may have to grab the part wherever he can get it.

SR

Those sure look like the kind of device on a riding lawn mower that have a pto knob instead of a manual lever that tightens a belt. Lawn mower parts are cheap on ebay for the deck stuff anyway. Do you or your father only engage it at idle? They say to only disengage it at idle as well, but I wonder about that.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. You are correct they are very similar to a lawnmower clutch, a little heavier duty I believe and 3 pulleys or sheves as opposed to the one or two typical on lawnmowers.

Yep, always engaged and disengaged at idle. He's kind of a stickler about stuff like that (retired millwright and crop farmer)LOL

He "may" have found a local source but they are still digging through their contacts.

Latest posts

Back