Today’s dump finds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hanging around the wrong dumps.... sheesh!

This could easily be in the "You Suck" thread, haha. It blows my mind what people will dispose of.
i could post far more. i started paying attention to my towns transfer station when Covid hit, because it was one of the few things remaining open. they did close the re-use shed for several months, which was fortuitous because those people stopped showing up and dumpers starting to throw a lot more on the metal pile (and electronics trailer).

all kinds of audio/visual equipment, power equipment, household items, antiques, etc. my cup runneth over!

here is the case, plus a nice eagle 2 gal. canister, plus more saw pics.

Attachments

• 5B3D8641-0523-4724-9F5B-4C9D1E08AC08.jpeg
    5B3D8641-0523-4724-9F5B-4C9D1E08AC08.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 4A01DB05-DDBA-4739-B194-49EA00B734EB.jpeg
    4A01DB05-DDBA-4739-B194-49EA00B734EB.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 165AA2CE-3C3A-4C5B-A0F1-FCECC0A96CF7.jpeg
    165AA2CE-3C3A-4C5B-A0F1-FCECC0A96CF7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
In case you don't know it, the Craftsman is a Poulan CV model, very well built saws.

Mark
good to know. i read it was produced by Poulan, but was uncertain about quality given the craftsman name on it.

so some good news. both craftsman saws fire up when fuel is in the spark plug well. that means that the electronic ignition is functioning? both do not start when attempted normally. i assume that either the carbs are dirty, or more likely bad fuel line.

the Stihl started up fine and ran well.

thank you town citizens!

do you recall what you "restored"? tips/info appreciated!
One of the flywheel's starter paws was sheared off, so it could not be cranked. Not easy to replace, but I did it. I also cleaned it all up and threw away a quarter pound of crud. And. of course,. the normal services: new fuel filter, new fuel line, new spark plug, carb tune up, etc.

One of the flywheel's starter paws was sheared off, so it could not be cranked. Not easy to replace, but I did it. I also cleaned it all up and threw away a quarter pound of crud. And. of course,. the normal services: new fuel filter, new fuel line, new spark plug, carb tune up, etc.
anything special in dealing with the carb cleaning or fuel line replacement?

anything special in dealing with the carb cleaning or fuel line replacement?
Nope. I didn't clean the carb. I simply tuned it after I started the engine. I charged nothing for the work. My friend thought that was special. Here's another that I worked on:
1669946303438.jpeg
Bar was a bit rusty, but I cleaned it up. Saw runs fine today. It's a great hobby for me.

Nope. I didn't clean the carb. I simply tuned it after I started the engine. I charged nothing for the work. My friend thought that was special. Here's another that I worked on:
View attachment 1036780
Bar was a bit rusty, but I cleaned it up. Saw runs fine today. It's a great hobby for me.
did the fuel line need replacing? if so, easy to thread through?

View attachment 1036780
So, is this the equivalent of the poulan cv 3400?

Back