Ton of bars and chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking most smaller mounts will fit a larger slot if you cut or file them open. Odd dl chains doesn't matter if you make your own loops or have them made. A diamond cutter makes holes in anything. The bar rail disc is $20 if you have a router like bench setup. I don't myself. 063 ground rails from old 058 bars. Works out nicely for me. Keeping the really good ones for myself. The 18 and 16" 058s are good sometimes in D009 mounts. 375 chain was rather easy to find old partial reels from the 1990's listed for sale. Most people avoid it without pre-sets included, not me. Preset can be found and were. The bars were also older like the ones Mark is selling in small odd mounts mostly. Got two of those in laminated lp 14" NOS pro bars.

The steel on solid bars makes nice tools or blades.
I'll be making some chain with what I got at auction but definitely not a wide spread of chain I'd like to have at home, I used mostly 3/8 050 odd time 325 050 but I have a bar now for 3/8 063 that will Be my stumping bar but ya 375 is easy just use 3/8 and go done it for years

I'll be making some chain with what I got at auction but definitely not a wide spread of chain I'd like to have at home, I used mostly 3/8 050 odd time 325 050 but I have a bar now for 3/8 063 that will Be my stumping bar but ya 375 is easy just use 3/8 and go done it for years
It took me years to get all my chains and reels together. Still buy only one chain in 325 063 RS on lw bar rear handle climbing saw I have for chunking. No issues with that and you can slide a wedge right in there. Mostly run 050 375 Oregon or 404LX68 on the long bars. LP on the small ones like T saws and power poles. One small Husky runs 325 nk.

If anyone recognizes this pallet of stuff from this auction mentioned in the thread from McDougall Auctions I would greatly appreciate who ever walked away with it from the auction house please contact me and return it with all contents that were on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127_160235_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127_160235_Chrome.jpg
    896.4 KB · Views: 0
Well I have never had an auctioneer ever offer to return the money on stolen items. I fully agree that is not the point at all though.

So how did you make out on the auction overall.
Was hoping to get more but the bidding was fierce and lack of room so had to pick and choose, I was after that skid at the begging of those post but I stopped around 1600 since the chain I was keeping for personal use if i had won and get rid of the bars. But I got some top ends, filters, some stihl and husky aftermarket/replacement parts, zip cut maintainice stuff, haven't gone through all of it yet. Also stuff I won't use like t we tecumseh, Hitachi, and some Japanese brand small engine parts also

Latest posts

Back