Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many tool boxes do you have to fit all these tools???

I have 2 rolling tool boxes in my garage, one 2 units and the other 3. I have a big top box in my basement along with several smaller boxes. I also have tools on a workbench, in Zip Lock bags, in cardboard boxes and three 6' tables.

Bump to the top with today's $5.00 pawn shop purchase.

image.jpg

Had a fellow on another forum looking for a Craftsman 1/4" ratchet, extension and some specific sockets. I found 10 Craftsman 1/4" ratchets and there may be more laying around here.

I was thinking that you already 'flipped' some of that!

Philbert

No, and unlikely I will. I did find some Craftsman stuff a guy wanted, but this is not the ratchet I will be sending him. I tend to hold onto the tools I buy with the exception of the "no name" stuff I get in bulk buys.

I had seen this old Jackson m11t22 wheelbarrow in the corner of one of our fields at the edge of the woods. It looked rough and rotted. Well it wasn't. The seams rotted through the first layer but not into the tray. The oak handles were crusty but only on the surface. So I welded some steel on, replaced a bunch of carriage bolts quick paint on the metal and sand and linseed oil on the oak. Solid as a rock. Here it is next to the new one I just ordered. I have one at home I bought second hand same model. The folded corner Jackson wheel barrows are the toughest.
The one I returned sat outside near 20 yearsimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is a fixture made from a 3" x 4" aluminum angle and some bolts. It is bolted to the bench and swivels in all directions. The nut under the bench is welded to a plate and screwed to the bench, only need one wrench on the top to adjust.

The original version used pins to lock in place, no good. The last picture shows the washer bent up around the bolt head, finally needed that welded and the washer pined to the angle. That allows adjustment with one hand on a wrench while the other hand hold the powerhead.

Found this old light fixture hanging in my parents neighbors garage. No I didn't steal it, the garage is getting torn down and I couldnt let it go into a roll off. It's cloth wrapped wire. The houses in the neighborhood are from the 1880s, I'd guess the light is from the 30s maybe? It's porcelain coated and will clean up great. I'll re wire it and hang it over my bench. Janet (the sweet old lady who lives there) was happy I took itimage.jpgimage.jpg

Help Me ID These?

Bought a bag of mixed, crimp-on wire terminals at a garage sale. When I sorted them out, I had a bunch of these.

image.jpeg
Assume that they are for some electrical/ electronic purpose, but . . . ?

Look familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

Philbert

Help Me ID These?

Bought a bag of mixed, crimp-on wire terminals at a garage sale. When I sorted them out, I had a bunch of these.

View attachment 502179
Assume that they are for some electrical/ electronic purpose, but . . . ?

Look familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

Philbert

Looks to me like an insulated press in lug for point to point wiring. It would be pressed into a hole in a metal back plate, along with many others, to mount and wire electrical components. The effect would be similar to a printed circuit board. Probably used when only a few components with simple wiring was needed in a metal control box with a removable internal panel that would be used to mount relays and such. These have two solder grooves for two wires or a wire and a component lead, (diode, resistor, etc.) Common shape to the metal post, uncommon plastic base.

Back