Tree Damage From Crop Spraying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?
What'd they do, load it up on a barge and chug across the mighty Mississippi just to dump a couple of chairs? :laugh:

A more likely suspect would be one of your own county residents..
Interesting comments. Please explain your reasoning and how you deduced that.

Interesting comments. Please explain your reasoning and how you deduced that.

Recycling drop-off sites closing in Rock Island County​

"The Rock Island County Waste Management Agency (RICWMA) has decided to eliminate the recycling drop-off sites in the county due to budget cuts.

The containers at the four current drop-off sites, hosted by East Moline, Milan, Moline and Rock Island, will be permanently removed on September 30, 2021."
https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/...drop-off-sites-closing-in-rock-island-county/
Maybe you should talk to your local "government officials" about reopening the dumps in your county.

That does not answer the question.and has nothing to do with the illegal dumping of trash by Iowa residents along the Illinois side of the Mississippi river. I asked you a very simple question on how you came up with your comments and developed your conclusion and all you did was repost a unrelated article you read on the internet that has ZERO affect on the issue I am referencing.

That does not answer the question.and has nothing to do with the illegal dumping of trash by Iowa residents along the Illinois side of the Mississippi river. I asked you a very simple question on how you came up with your comments and developed your conclusion and all you did was repost a unrelated article you read on the internet that has ZERO affect on the issue I am referencing.
I was just suggesting that maybe people in your area are responsible for the illegal dumping since your county closed some of the dump sites.
I also thought it was unlikely someone would cross a river to dump their trash, and that's why I was looking at the map of the river. Now I see that the river isn't as wide as I imagined it was and crossing by vehicle over a bridge wouldn't be that difficult.
Why do you think they are going to all that trouble to dump their trash out of state?

I was just suggesting that maybe people in your area are responsible for the illegal dumping since your county closed some of the dump sites.
I also thought it was unlikely someone would cross a river to dump their trash, and that's why I was looking at the map of the river. Now I see that the river isn't as wide as I imagined it was and crossing by vehicle over a bridge wouldn't be that difficult.
Why do you think they are going to all that trouble to dump their trash out of state?

Around here most bridges have cameras.

Good point. I was thinking a trail cam would capture the culprit.
The detectives around here can nail people because there are so many residential cameras and lots of traffic cams. If you know the time of the incident they can look at lots of video and possibly connect a vehicle to the crime. Problem is most cant be bothered.

958095C7-E413-44B6-AF45-5F4D59E9AA0E.jpeg

so the companies don’t do anything you disapprove of, you just hate industry….

amd PM2.5 is a bad joke on America….it’s decimating what’s left,of our smoke stack industries….

Just pulled this off my bookshelf...

The Unsettling of America: Culture & Agriculture by Wendell Berry

"That the situation was not good—for farms or farmers or rural communities or nature or the general public—was even then evident to any experienced observer who would turn aside from the preconceptions of “agribusiness” and look at the marks of deterioration that were plainly visible. And now, almost a decade later, it is evident to everyone that, at least for farmers and rural communities, the situation is catastrophic: Farmers are losing their farms, some are killing themselves, some in the madness of despair are killing other people, and rural economy and rural life are gravely stricken. The agricultural economists chart the “liquidations of assets,” the “shakeouts,” and the “downturns,” apparently amazed that now even the large “progressive” and “efficient” farmers are in trouble. But this is not just a financial crisis for country people. Critical questions are being asked of our whole society: Are we, or are we not, going to take proper care of our land, our country? And do we, or do we not, believe in a democratic distribution of usable property?"
https://kyl.neocities.org/books/[SOC BER] the unsettling of america.pdf

Written in 1977, have things changed, for better, or worse in the ag industry?

Just pulled this off my bookshelf...

The Unsettling of America: Culture & Agriculture by Wendell Berry

"That the situation was not good—for farms or farmers or rural communities or nature or the general public—was even then evident to any experienced observer who would turn aside from the preconceptions of “agribusiness” and look at the marks of deterioration that were plainly visible. And now, almost a decade later, it is evident to everyone that, at least for farmers and rural communities, the situation is catastrophic: Farmers are losing their farms, some are killing themselves, some in the madness of despair are killing other people, and rural economy and rural life are gravely stricken. The agricultural economists chart the “liquidations of assets,” the “shakeouts,” and the “downturns,” apparently amazed that now even the large “progressive” and “efficient” farmers are in trouble. But this is not just a financial crisis for country people. Critical questions are being asked of our whole society: Are we, or are we not, going to take proper care of our land, our country? And do we, or do we not, believe in a democratic distribution of usable property?"
https://kyl.neocities.org/books/[SOC BER] the unsettling of america.pdf

Written in 1977, have things changed, for better, or worse in the ag industry?
Things have changed for the worse, directly proportional to the increase in useless government regulations….

Things have changed for the worse, directly proportional to the increase in useless government regulations….
So, are there any government regulations that affect your business directly, or do you just hate government regulations?
View attachment 990313

so the companies don’t do anything you disapprove of, you just hate industry….

amd PM2.5 is a bad joke on America….it’s decimating what’s left,of our smoke stack industries….

Latest posts

Back