Tree Damage From Crop Spraying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I found it... I was thinking galls and googled brown galls on pecan leaves and this came up:

Pecan Phylloxera

Is that what they are?

:)
I looked that up and seems to be what you have. We don't have many pecan trees this far north.but I do have 1 in my yard. I'm always watching for pests and diseases on it. The only bug I found was the pecan spittlebug and from what I read they weren't really a concern

.........................Also notified the water department of when I began watering my property and why I'm doing it. I asked them if they could cut me some slack and was handed their policy on price breaks, "they don't give breaks for watering the lawn" she said. And I added, "For any reason?" and she said "Yes." I also have documentation where three separate fire departments refused to offer assistance.....................
I assume you have rural water there then. We do not have that on the Illinois side of the river where I am. They may elsewhere. I know I owned some ground years ago in southeast Iowa that was part of the Lake Rathbun rural water system. It seemed like a very odd concept at the time but I am sure it has it's advantages with one major one being lower iron content. I just could not see how it would be cost effective to run all those lines hundreds of miles up and down hills and ravines

I looked that up and seems to be what you have. We don't have many pecan trees this far north.but I do have 1 in my yard. I'm always watching for pests and diseases on it. The only bug I found was the pecan spittlebug and from what I read they weren't really a concern
We have very few in this area. I am in northern Illinois but I think in southern Illinois they have them. What a lot of folks do not realize is how deep of a state Illinois is and how vastly different the agriculture and industry is from top to bottom. Heck in the far tip there are some that grow cotton and rice. Up where I am there ZERO chance of that. Our soil temp did not even get decent for corn until early may this year but this was far from a normal year

Not sure what you mean by "rural water."
Some out here have well water, but "city water" is also available to all who want it - well, depending on how far off the main your house is, you may have to pay dearly for the lines to be installed. Idk.
Well rural water is just that rural water, it is water delivered to rural areas that are not serviced by city systems. Although to most they do not see a difference but there is. Not that it matters as they both provide you water and that is what is important. Here is where I draw a distinction. You said that "city water" is available to all that want it. So is your water from a city or a rural water association? If a municipal system is providing you water in most cases they are also providing you sewer service. Do you have municipal sewer service at your location?

Frankenfood: Perjorative term for genetically modified food whether it be derived from genetically engineered plants or animals.
So I assume you are opposed to foods containing ingredients from GMO crops? I hope you do not drink any Coca Cola products or Powerade

Nope, no sewer service. So, I suppose what we have is what you call rural water.
It all works essentially the same way. The billing is where things get extremely complicated. Back in 2003 I was working in a factory during the summer before I had to go back to teaching. A guy there said he had to sell his mother's house to settle the estate. He threw out a dollar number that sounded fair to me so I went and took a look. The house was tough but had good potential as a rental. We were looking for more rental homes so we bought it . We worked on it off and on as I was teaching fulltime and my beautiful wife was home with our three sons not yet in school. It sat for about two years as we worked on it. During that time the "city" water system kept wanting to bill us for a large usage of water that was not occurring. I would use the "facilities"when I was there and my wife would use a bit of water to clean but that was it. They had a policy of doubling the minimum water usage for sewer as they had no way to monitor sewage usage. I had no issue with that but I used a very small amount of water and they wanted to bill me with a lot. I ended up just telling them to shut the water off as I was sick of them billing me for what I did not use. Now of course they have no way of shutting off the sewer so I just took 5 gallon buckets of water with me to flush the toilet.

Flash forward to 2017. The house had been rented out from about 2005 until March 2017 when a tornado ripped the roof off, not the shingles the roof. The upstairs was a "open air design" after that. We debated fixing it or tearing it down. The insurance company wanted us to fix it. Well I go down in the basement and the valve at the water meter is leaking on the floor. It is not a bad leak and would probably be fixed by tightening the packing nut BUT that could also make it worse. I call the city and tell them to shut off the water so I can replace the valve. They send a couple guys out and they cannot find the underground valve for the line of the main. Then a supervisor comes out and same thing. They have no way of shutting off water to our rental home without shutting down the entire block. I could have said well the house is vacant (which it was with the exception of squirrels) and refused to pay another water bill and they would have no way to shut it off or force me to pay. I am a honest guy and did not do that but I sure could have. We ended up selling that house later in 2017

I know it's all one great big cluster-f when it comes to manufactured food and there's no practical way to avoid it.
I am not going to get into a huge debate on the safety of GMO's. I do have to say I get a chuckle out of the number of folks that get a e-coli infection from eating organic fruits and vegetables. They wonder why it happens............I just shake my head

I am not going to get into a huge debate on the safety of GMO's. I do have to say I get a chuckle out of the number of folks that get a e-coli infection from eating organic fruits and vegetables. They wonder why it happens............I just shake my head
The transmission of coliform bacteria isn't related to "organic" farming. Just poor sanitation methods.

More often, it is related to poor sanitation in ALL farming where workers take a dump in the field rather than using a toilet. Just sayin'.

The transmission of coliform bacteria isn't related to "organic" farming. Just poor sanitation methods.

More often, it is related to poor sanitation in ALL farming where workers take a dump in the field rather than using a toilet. Just sayin'.
Yes those are issues and I accept that, but the vast majority of e-coli bacteria has zero to do with sanitation on the production end. It is on the "rear end"

Ain't that the fricken truth.
It is, They run off full speed ahead, half -cocked, balls to the wall blaming everyone and their brother for every little issue. They jump on the internet and read some gibberish that someone with the same mentality posted because the had an axe to grind and would not SLOW DOWN and listen and learn from those with real life experience and knowledge. Damm that Al Gore for inventing the internet............ It has made millions arm-chair experts

Very sad news to report: the 2nd paulownia tree, behind the barn, the one that didn't appear to have been hit as hard as the one in front of the barn, it's suddenly throwing down leaves. Big ones, little ones, green ones, brown ones, and every combination. Pretty sure they weren't there a couple hours ago when I moved the hose to a tree a ways behind it. I saw them just now when I moved the hose again, closer to it.
Lots of branches completely void of leaves. Still hanging onto some.
:cry:

Looks like its war!

Latest posts

Back