Tree id ? Delaware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hackberry, grows well here. We have some good sized ones but the wind is rough on them. In town after a good wind event they are usually the first to fall. The common thing i see when driving by is what appears to be a shallow or rotted root system, maybe caused by being lined with sidewalks and roadways? Firewood wise, its middle of the road. Its plentiful and is sold as “mixed” hardwoods”.

Thanks fellas. I originally thought it was elm. Cut a few small ones from a hedgerow that’s overgrown. Hit it with an axe and it split pretty easily. I’ve never seen these or paid any attention to them but there’s several in this area. Was cutting mulberry and cherry and ran across these things.

Thanks fellas. I originally thought it was elm. Cut a few small ones from a hedgerow that’s overgrown. Hit it with an axe and it split pretty easily. I’ve never seen these or paid any attention to them but there’s several in this area. Was cutting mulberry and cherry and ran across these things.
Hackberry is in the Ulmaceae family, so not far off...

Latest posts

Back