• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Tree Monkey 462r

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard more oil effectively leans the saw gas-wise and you could end up running it hot. I am sure the builder knows what he's doing, and accounted for such in tuning the saw, but is my thinking incorrect? I am kinda new to all this, so please don't shoot me.

I heard more oil effectively leans the saw gas-wise and you could end up running it hot. I am sure the builder knows what he's doing, and accounted for such in tuning the saw, but is my thinking incorrect? I am kinda new to all this, so please don't shoot me.
Oil will burn hotter and you are correct more oil means leaner air/fuel.

Hell if it made power why not just run it straight.:p
Can't remember where i read it but it only makes power up to 11:1. I'm sure there's more variables (fuel quality, octane, ethanol, etc.) and those numbers might be wrong but around that point the lack of explosive combustion from the oil presence rather than gasoline outweighs the benefits of the extra ring seal

Mtron will compensate for a little extra oil. In non mtron saws, just give it a little more H screw. You'll need to adjust the tuning more for EFree vs E10 fuel then you will for 50:1 vs 32:1

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I recently sold my saws & most of my falling gear & planned to buy a new 462r, I had trouble locating one so I called a gentleman that most of you who have bought or sold know, Mr Dalton (Edwad): He had this new Tree Monkey 462r (only test cuts by Scott) is what I was told, I put about a tank and a half through it. It is everything I expected a saw ported by Scott would be! There is a saw that I want to buy that takes me back a few years to when I made a living with a saw, a non m tronic, anyhow I have a like new Tree Monkey 462 that I paid 1500 for shipped, I would like to get that back, 1500 shipped ( will be losing some on shipping). I went out last night an snapped a couple pics of the saw, I will add more and better pics today. The saw I want to buy is a 660r & this little saw will most likely out perform it but it is a nostalgic thing I suppose. I have a 25” light bar on this saw & I suppose we could discuss it as well although shipping a bar is very costly. This is a lot of money for a saw but a saw like this ported by Mr Kunz rarely shows up for sale. It won’t disappoint!!!!
nice saw. i have one and she is a ripper, i have a few ported by Scott.

The original guy that was going to buy this saw was going to run into marital problems so he’s out. I have one more guy that is trying & one local guy. I am going to honor these guys trying to buy it for a few days & hope they don’t. I had a guy that has done a lot of buying & selling on saw forums, he called me yesterday & told me I shouldn’t have came off my original price, anyhow I want to throw a bar back on it and fall some trees dang it.

Gyp69 if you want to keep it I’ll back out and take my saw off the selling block. You let me know what you want to do

I would prefer to keep it really but I will honor my commitment to you to give you some time. I will be buying another saw if I sell this one but it’s up to you. Give me a shout on the phone number I gave you & we can discuss a timeline if you like.

Thankyou if mine doesn’t sell in a day or two I’ll pull it off the market and keep it

Thankyou if mine doesn’t sell in a day or two I’ll pull it off the market and keep it
Let’s just give it until Monday, you have a nice saw at a good price it should sell. I will just wait to hear from you Monday morning. Good Luck.

ASK FOR A LOT OF PICTURES!!! I kept this saw, the guy that wanted it tried to sale his saw & it didn’t sell and we decided to keep what we had. I got it out the other day & ran it,runs great however when I went to clean it up I saw something on the cylinder that I missed before. A big jb weld patch job where the cylinder apparently has been ground through during porting? I would not have paid 1500 dollars for this saw had I known about this. So when you are buying a saw over the phone ask for a lot of pics I know I will in the future.

Attachments

• 1E0BC8F9-0D13-4631-AAE8-16D94983C1EC.jpeg
    1E0BC8F9-0D13-4631-AAE8-16D94983C1EC.jpeg
    880.3 KB · Views: 69
  • EAF7670E-F149-4F44-9EDC-03F66CE3AC2B.jpeg
    EAF7670E-F149-4F44-9EDC-03F66CE3AC2B.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 69
Back