Tree spiker to head BLM????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been to college, that said, many of my close friends have, they have all written papers on subjects they did not necessarily agree with, its part of the college experience. Using that as a basis against someone is absurd. (I have zero kids, do I get some sort of award?)

I might also add what someone believes in their late teens and early twenties, usually gets changed by the time they hit 30, its one of the reasons a US president is required to be 35 or older, our brains are not done figuring out who we are yet. One of the many reasons kids shouldn't do drugs on the regular...

Anyhow, I'm still not a fan of her, but having Reagan esq. chop it all down F U and burn it while we're at it, isn't the correct approach either
We all deal with things we don’t like or agree with every day. You have to address things you don’t like in college but you don’t have to lie about what you think of them. Did your friends lie in the papers they wrote in order to get a better grade or avoid criticism? If so we know all we need to about your friends. If not you just shot a hole in your own argument I could drive a 948 through.

OK, this is an internet problem. What I gathered from Capetree's post was that she was damned if she did and damned if she didn't warn about potential spiking. He used the term Squeal which makes me believe that he didn't like that either.

At this point, it matters not what I think. You folks are doing the usual name calling and condemning people who like to give alternatives for what you think is a problem. Alternatives. Thinking. Both go together. I'd hate to live where people didn't analyze topics and think of alternatives--bad or good. It's what makes discussions interesting. And, by the way Gyp69, I am not a he. We wimminfolk have worked in forestry for some time now.

I do recall that the Earth Firsties at the meeting said they were against tree spiking because it affected small business folks and not the evil corporation that had the mills. Then they came out with their logic for sabotaging all of the new at that time, mechanized feller bunchers.

Like I said, the alky guy who we were pretty sure did the actual tree spiking wasn't any environmental type. He didn't want his view to change or to be disturbed by the logging across the road. Probably wouldn't be easy on the ears after a drinking binge.

Toodaloo. There's no use posting anything more on this topic.

This isn’t an internet problem, it’s a being held accountable for your actions problem. Some folks only want to hold people of a different political mindset accountable while ignoring the same sin when it’s attributed to one on their wavelength. Being hypocritical isn’t an admirable quality.
For further evidence of this sort of one sided behavior when it comes to cabinet appointments one needs look no further than the candidate for head of the ATF. He’s testified about his neutrality in administration of the law, yet his last position was as a lobbyist for the gun control crowd and is on record for confiscation of firearms from legal owners. ACCOUNTABILITY means something.

We all deal with things we don’t like or agree with every day. You have to address things you don’t like in college but you don’t have to lie about what you think of them. Did your friends lie in the papers they wrote in order to get a better grade or avoid criticism? If so we know all we need to about your friends. If not you just shot a hole in your own argument I could drive a 948 through.
Thats the crux though, if you right a paper on something for college, it then gets graded, and picked apart for accuracy, (see peer reviewed) Its not about how you feel about a subject but rather if you can objectively discern the truth. How someone feels about a topic is irrelevant, which by the way should be what separates a news article from an opinion piece. The truth shouldn't make people angry, but it does without fail, especially when they confuse belief, and propaganda for lack of a better word, with reality.

Take a fake headline

MAN SHOT DURRING UNION MEATING

COMMUNIST SHOOTS AND KILLS PROTESTOR

They are basically the same story, one has feelings attached.

OK, this is an internet problem. What I gathered from Capetree's post was that she was damned if she did and damned if she didn't warn about potential spiking. He used the term Squeal which makes me believe that he didn't like that either.

At this point, it matters not what I think. You folks are doing the usual name calling and condemning people who like to give alternatives for what you think is a problem. Alternatives. Thinking. Both go together. I'd hate to live where people didn't analyze topics and think of alternatives--bad or good. It's what makes discussions interesting. And, by the way Gyp69, I am not a he. We wimminfolk have worked in forestry for some time now.

I do recall that the Earth Firsties at the meeting said they were against tree spiking because it affected small business folks and not the evil corporation that had the mills. Then they came out with their logic for sabotaging all of the new at that time, mechanized feller bunchers.

Like I said, the alky guy who we were pretty sure did the actual tree spiking wasn't any environmental type. He didn't want his view to change or to be disturbed by the logging across the road. Probably wouldn't be easy on the ears after a drinking binge.

Toodaloo. There's no use posting anything more on this topic.
Can you point out ANYWHERE that I used the term squeal?

It's not an internet problem, it's a reading comprehension problem. It's not a damned if you do, damned if you don't. She threatened the idea that it was spiked, she then told everyone it wasn't spiked. The loggers and mill workers were in fear of their lives and livelihoods. That's the definition of a terrorist. She's a terrorist.

You just don't like it because she's a she. SHE got busted and you don't like it. You want a woman in the position? get someone that doesn't have a terrorist past.

It's not an internet problem, it's a reading comprehension problem. It's not a damned if you do, damned if you don't. She threatened the idea that it was spiked, she then told everyone it wasn't spiked. The loggers and mill workers were in fear of their lives and livelihoods. That's the definition of a terrorist. She's a terrorist.

You just don't like it because she's a she. SHE got busted and you don't like it. You want a woman in the position? get someone that doesn't have a terrorist past.
Nope and I apologize. It was ATpro. And please quit trying to tell me what I am thinking. It simply shows your arrogance. You have no idea and no knowledge of what I think about or my reasoning. In fact, did you not read where I said that they probably should look for somebody else? Go back. Your reading comprehension is just as bad as mine is at times. Frankly, I don't give a hoot who gets the BLM position. It IS a political position, just like the Forest Service Chief. We can only hope that whoever gets it is beyond the Raking The Forest mentality-- Or trotting around on horseback with guns and flags trying to take over PUBLIC lands, that originally belonged to the Native Americans, not the inbred Bundy bunch. Or do you have a revised history book saying something different? Alternative facts?

Hope this gets buried in the political forum where the mad, frothing, majority will agree with you and you can be happy and claim you had a productive discussion.

Nope and I apologize. It was ATpro. And please quit trying to tell me what I am thinking. It simply shows your arrogance. You have no idea and no knowledge of what I think about or my reasoning. In fact, did you not read where I said that they probably should look for somebody else? Go back. Your reading comprehension is just as bad as mine is at times. Frankly, I don't give a hoot who gets the BLM position. It IS a political position, just like the Forest Service Chief. We can only hope that whoever gets it is beyond the Raking The Forest mentality-- Or trotting around on horseback with guns and flags trying to take over PUBLIC lands, that originally belonged to the Native Americans, not the inbred Bundy bunch. Or do you have a revised history book saying something different? Alternative facts?

Hope this gets buried in the political forum where the mad, frothing, majority will agree with you and you can be happy and claim you had a productive discussion.
Unfortunately, not caring who runs the BLM is what got everybody to this point to begin with.
Ps. Native Americans owned where you now squat also. Gonna give back?

....environmentalists, it was full of way past prime Doug and white fir full of white speck, we left as much big timber on the ground as got flown to the landing. I’m sure this was a huge money loser for timber company.

Define: "way past prime" please

Why would any company log at a loss? What's even the point of disturbing the ecosystem?

Past prime? In decline, high probability of mortality . Disease or pest infested, age related such as lodgepole pine. Normally still viable when put out to bid but by the time the eco terrorist lawsuits are finally put to bed much is lost. Since the timber companies put money up for their bid they do what they can to recoup what little is left.
Why “ disturb the eco system”? I’m guessing you haven’t seen the fires out west. If you want people to live where they choose you can’t allow wildfires from dead and dying timber. If not, you could simply watch the entire western 1/4 or more of our country go up in smoke . That would be nature at work but I don’t think you’d put your $$$ where your mouth is.

Define: "way past prime" please

Why would any company log at a loss? What's even the point of disturbing the ecosystem?
I hesitate to waste my time explaining to such ignorance! job was put up for bid in 1997 Rough and Ready bought the job (timber), the BLM stipulated it had to be Helicopter logged. Extremely expensive. BLM was sued by so called environmentalists, kept it tied up in the court system until 2005, Douglas fir developed a fungi called phellinus pini (white speck) rendering many of the trees useless for lumber. How as a mill do you stay in business? Go buy a car to deliver pizzas then get sued, you can’t move your car from the dealership to the pizza place for eight years you think your pizza delivery business survives? Jhenderson summed up the past prime part very well! Why disturb the ecosystem? I guess you somehow managed to make your post with smoke signals from your sod house. I mean surely you don’t live in a house and own a tablet or iPhone & a car etc,what about the ecosystem!!!

Those of you sticking up for Stone-Manning should read what the investigator involved with the case said about her. She's a lieing scumbag who would do anything to save her own ass. Including flip on her terrorist buddies.
BTW when she wrote the letters in question she did so an a machine that wasn't hers to limit her liability. That suggests she knew exactly what she was doing.

sic her,,she a bigoted pig......

I went to an Earth First meeting at Oregon State. It was advertised in the college newspaper. I doubt you know this, but OSU was/is THE forestry school to go to in this part of the world. I was taking some quickie classes in Forest Engineering, or How To Get The Trees Out Of The Woods.

Part of college experience is to be around people from other places, and who have different experiences to share. Think of it as broadening your mind and actually having to think about things you might normally not think about. Thinking. It's a hard concept for many people.

The Earth Firsties were recruiting folks for Redwood Summer. We were supposed to sabotage every feller buncher in the woods because, you know, that piece of equipment rips out huge redwoods roots and all! At that point, I had heard enough BS. I don't like people who tell lies. I stood up and informed them that it is impossible for a buncher to rip out a huge redwood, that the buncher will even have trouble with some tall, large, second growth doug-fir. The other point they were making was that only the large corporations could own such equipment, so I corrected them on that lie also, and I left.

Guess I'm a terrorist?

And Northman, yup, you should get a tax break for NOT having kids. Overpopulation is the cause of much of the crap going on right now.
what a lopsided communist...………...

Back