Tree that blunts chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When cutting dirty logs, I try to cut so that the chain is flinging the dirty edge away from the wood, instead of scooping dirty pieces out and dragging it through the kerf with the chain and chips. I don't deal with a anything like what you guys are describing, but less contact with the chain means less dulling, right?

Back when the junkies were scrapping everything in sight, around here they were cutting down bigass aluminum light stanchions with chainsaws and carting off the aluminum...not sure what they did about the hot AC wire going into the poles, though...
Junkies hmmm…they’d have been licking the AC wire I expect lol

Another thing is also the rain will splash dirt & sand onto tree butts & logs on the ground, especially bad in sandstone country or near the beach.
This is a standing tree (until we felled it) - it has about 6 large trunks, up to 15 m or so x 500mm at base, growing from the one boll. So far we have felled 2. The wood make for a good slow/hot burn, staying "in" overnight. We are about 60 minutes from the nearest beach, however, like much of Australia, we are in sandstone country.

This is a standing tree (until we felled it) - it has about 6 large trunks, up to 15 m or so x 500mm at base, growing from the one boll. So far we have felled 2. The wood make for a good slow/hot burn, staying "in" overnight. We are about 60 minutes from the nearest beach, however, like much of Australia, we are in sandstone country.
Goulburn?

Aussie has its whole own set of rules in regards to fine red dust and bloody hard trees, throw in the intense heat of an Aussie bush fire and you are going to discover some "interesting" cutting conditions. :yes:
always wanted to visit austrailia, this makes me wanna do it even more lol

austrailia is just hardcore mode on every level

always wanted to visit austrailia, this makes me wanna do it even more lol

austrailia is just hardcore mode on every level
It's gets really interesting if you get off the beaten track, the heat in the outback is beyond ridiculous in summer, I remember working in an outback camp up in the gulf, used to do the weeks washing on Sunday, the washing machine had a 37 minute cycle & that's how long it took to dry the clothes on the washing line , as it was only big enough to hold one load of washing, so as soon as one load finished the bloke after you took his dried clothes off the line, it never got under 34'C at night in November, a month before summer, the days were 45 - 47'C.

It's gets really interesting if you get off the beaten track, the heat in the outback is beyond ridiculous in summer, I remember working in an outback camp up in the gulf, used to do the weeks washing on Sunday, the washing machine had a 37 minute cycle & that's how long it took to dry the clothes on the washing line , as it was only big enough to hold one load of washing, so as soon as one load finished the bloke after you took his dried clothes off the line, it never got under 34'C at night in November, a month before summer, the days were 45 - 47'C.
maybe im gonna stick with the USA

its been around 90* here (tennessee) for the last few weeks, too hot for me to be in the shop with no A/C for more than 5 minutes

while I was in Florida a few months ago I helped my brother with his lawncare buisness first and last lawn I helped with on that trip gave me heat stroke, im taking it easy in the sun now

heat stroke is no joke

Back