Tricky Dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So as we all know Dealers hire help. That help can give the dealer a bad name. Not sure who spoke to the saws owner (a friend) but he said a Dealer told him his saw was shot and probably had been straight gasses. Friend (probably has short patience and extra cash) gave the Top Handle Jonsered to me. It's sat in the shop a while then my brother stops by and we fiddle with the saw a few minutes. Remove the bar and chain and start the saw. I call my friend and he said he already bought a new saw, from a DIFFERENT dealer. Well, well, if someone was being tricky to sell a new saw, looks like that fell through. It could have been an honest mistake. Who knows but it sure looks weirid. I don't know either of those dealers because my friend lives in another town. I see the guy maybe 1 time every few years. I just changed dealers because the dealer I've used for years hired a new guy that came from another company that I left. The really good help is gone. Shop foremen make or break a dealership. Good day.

Likely the guy that looked at the saw, removed the muffler, and saw some piston damage. That doesn't mean that a saw won't run, but it soon will die. And the only way to correctly fix the saw would cost more than it is worth.

Likely the guy that looked at the saw, removed the muffler, and saw some piston damage. That doesn't mean that a saw won't run, but it soon will die. And the only way to correctly fix the saw would cost more than it is worth.
You may be right. I've not been there yet. Way to busy. My brother played with it but don't think he went that far. Once I got hold of a Sthil with slight scoring. It appeared the guy had run the saw with not enough oil. I mixed 32:1 tuned the carb did a muffler mod and run the crap out of it. Eventually it seemed to gain power so went to 40:1. Now it appears the piston has run in and she's doing as good as an old 029 is expected. She bucks pretty good.
When I get time ill remove the muffler on Genes saw and take a look. Thanks

Back