Troubleshooting 372xpg. The “g” part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macadoodle

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
2002 372xpg. Bought from a pawn shop for my brother in 2005. He used it professionally until maybe 6 years ago when it lost power. Stored in his garage. He knows how much i love the 371 style saws since he bought a new 371xp and did some cutting at my lakelot back in the 90s. He wasn’t interested in putting money in it as hes not in the biz anymore so he gave it to me. I could never justify the expense of one as I didn’t have a need, but this saw has some history and i wanted to fix it up for personal use.

Mostly cleaned and detailed. Installed a piston and cylinder, with gasket delete. Also a new clutch cover, crank seals(including o-ring).

Runs great but i want to get the heated carb part going. Everything appears to be there parts wise, but when working on it i noticed that the metal ring inside the flywheel has a chunk missing out of it . I assume this is at least a contributing factor to problems.

I cant find info on how it works, and have no experience in how it should work, as in how to know if its working or not. Advice on where to start would be appreciated

Thanks!09A3F463-9FFA-4319-8274-826BA2BE8FB7.jpeg81AC9EB6-C264-432F-B7EF-44FBCADFA579.jpeg

Back