Tsumura "Total Super Bar"... I bought it, now what does it fit !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finally bought that unidentified Total Super Bar I mentioned in January of 2021. I still say it looks like a McCulloch or Poulan bar, but most people suggest it fits a Jonsered. What does it fit?

Tip says: P/N 48PV82
050-058

Bar says: Tsumura
T491
P/N 51127V

Attachments

• DSC06744.JPG
    DSC06744.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC06735.JPG
    DSC06735.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC06734.JPG
    DSC06734.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC06736.JPG
    DSC06736.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC06730.JPG
    DSC06730.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 38
What do you want it to fit? Is it the commonly called Poulan mount or Oregon 041? If it has an 8.2mm slot and the adjuster hole connects for oil to the groove that would work. Drill an oil hole and it will be a small Husky or 095 mount, probably could make it work on the smaller Stihl 3005 mount as well drilling new holes.

Hopefully someone can point to somewhere to understand Total codes.

Ideally, I'd like it to fit Husqvarna 55 saws, because I have three of them, and like them immensely. Also would be nice for 026 Stihl, possibly even for a couple of Echo CS4400, or Echo 500VL ...have eight of them.

By the looks of it to fit the 026 would need put on a milling machine and the slot made wider for starters. The others I believe are the small husky mount or Oregon 095, just figure out where to drill the oiler hole. Since it is not a laminated bar with spot rivets, rather a solid replaceable nose one, I have not yet had a problem drilling such.

What do you want it to fit? Is it the commonly called Poulan mount or Oregon 041? If it has an 8.2mm slot and the adjuster hole connects for oil to the groove that would work. Drill an oil hole and it will be a small Husky or 095 mount, probably could make it work on the smaller Stihl 3005 mount as well drilling new holes.

Hopefully someone can point to somewhere to understand Total codes.
Yes FrannyK, the adjuster hole has an oil hole going through to the groove. The slot measures 3" long, and is 11/32" wide.
Since I don't plan on running any McCulloch's anymore, it sure would be nice to use it on the Husqvarna 55 saws.

Dang, 11/32" converted to millimeters is 8.73125 mm.
Too big to fit the Husqvarna. Might work on the Husky anyway, but it would be sloppy. Could make a sleeve for the stud I suppose. Maybe a 9mm shell casing cut to length would be a good shim.
Okay, off to the grinder I go with a live round to cut down. I'll just grind off the primer first, then grind the projectile off, then empty out the powder, and all will be fine !!! :dumb2:

Just kidding.

My three mac D276 bars are coming in right at 8.3 to 8.4mm. So your mount is showing to be around .011 to .015 larger which wouldn't be much.

Had some extra time today to look at the guide bars. I took the brand new Husqvarna bar off of my Husky 55, and compared it to the Tsumura Total Super Bar.
Findings:

1) The slot is exactly the same width and length.
2) The adjuster holes are a bit larger/taller on the Tsumura bar, but function fine with the adjuster lug.
3) The overall profile of the Tsumura bar is wider down the entire length, I'm guessing the chain & sprocket on the saw should work fine with the wider ramp profile.
4) No oil hole on the Tsumura, but there is an oil hole from the adjuster slot to the rail groove.

Only issue is that as the Tsumura bar moves forward when adjusting it, the adjuster hole does not line up as well with the indented groove (oil trough) on the saws guide bar spacer.
I think I'll drill a couple of well placed holes in the guide bar in order to have a slightly larger pathway for oil to travel.
If I don't drill it, It'll still get adequate oil... that is until sawdust builds up. I can see that area on the Tsumura clogging and becoming restricted faster than the factory original bar would clog. I'll go ahead and open it up by drilling a well-placed hole on both sides.

You purchased a chainsaw bar and did not know what saw it would fit?

Yes, I bought it for $10. :happy:
It's brand new and fits the intended saws... (3) Husqvarna 55 saws.
It had some surface rust in a few spots, but I steel wooled it off. Does not bother me.
I could essentially put it on the Husky and use it as it is, but I want to drill the two small oil holes to open up the flow a bit more... just me being picky I guess.

I figure I can gamble with $10 bucks.

Had some extra time today to look at the guide bars. I took the brand new Husqvarna bar off of my Husky 55, and compared it to the Tsumura Total Super Bar.
Findings:

1) The slot is exactly the same width and length.
2) The adjuster holes are a bit larger/taller on the Tsumura bar, but function fine with the adjuster lug.
3) The overall profile of the Tsumura bar is wider down the entire length, I'm guessing the chain & sprocket on the saw should work fine with the wider ramp profile.
4) No oil hole on the Tsumura, but there is an oil hole from the adjuster slot to the rail groove.

Only issue is that as the Tsumura bar moves forward when adjusting it, the adjuster hole does not line up as well with the indented groove (oil trough) on the saws guide bar spacer.
I think I'll drill a couple of well placed holes in the guide bar in order to have a slightly larger pathway for oil to travel.
If I don't drill it, It'll still get adequate oil... that is until sawdust builds up. I can see that area on the Tsumura clogging and becoming restricted faster than the factory original bar would clog. I'll go ahead and open it up by drilling a well-placed hole on both sides.

Den , I would run the Tsumura bar and chain on the saw to see how the wider tail will work before drilling .

Den , I would run the Tsumura bar and chain on the saw to see how the wider tail will work before drilling .
Scottr, thats good advice.
I was thinking about that the other day. Not quite sure if it will be to hard of an angle for the power heads sprocket/chain to climb that ramp without binding/derailing.

I suppose I could mount the bar as far forward as it will go to relieve the angle. And get the longest possible chain for it also.
Could even file the ramp area on the bar and cut the groove deeper so the drive links don't bottom out.
Just some thoughts.

Back