Turbosawmill Manual Warrior Swing Blade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manitou

Tree Service
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these? I have a lead on one. It’s a discontinued model that uses a chainsaw powerhead & belt for the saw blade.

Some of the earlier models had issues with the guide track flexing too much. I believe the manufacturer made some improvements but you better do your research. I have no first hand experience fwiw...just internet reading on some forums.

Some of the earlier models had issues with the guide track flexing too much. I believe the manufacturer made some improvements but you better do your research. I have no first hand experience fwiw...just internet reading on some forums.
Thx for the response. I’ve actually talked to the owner of the company in New Zealand (Jake Peterson)and the U.S. rep at Smith Sawmill Service(Jay Willoughby).Both were extremely helpful and a wealth of information. Very refreshing dealing with people not concerned just with sales-but service and to make folks happy with their product👍🏻

I don’t know. You could contact them-they may still have some of the carriages around. The rest of the mills are the same. They currently offer a Honda motor-powerd set-up or various electric motors. [email protected] or [email protected]
They are shipping me a sawblade and a slabber carriage-which an Alaskan sawmill bolts to it for slabbing. I guess I will be the lab rat on this due to lack of response. I will post an update and photos when I get it up and running.

Update-ordered a new sawblade from Smith Sawmill Service a week ago. Turbosawmill in New Zealand had it drop-shipped to me in Alaska AT NO EXTRA FREIGHT CHARGE. It was on my doorstep this evening. Now that’s service!!

Trial run today; all went well. Set up was 1 1/2 hours by myself, including putting the beam together. The 3120 powerhead pictured shows the belt drive.

Attachments

• 451DBB0E-C650-41C2-8617-5BFFEDF9AB8E.jpeg
    451DBB0E-C650-41C2-8617-5BFFEDF9AB8E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 3BDA2675-9591-49B1-9AA4-4EB8CAE134CF.jpeg
    3BDA2675-9591-49B1-9AA4-4EB8CAE134CF.jpeg
    963.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 921493E2-85F0-42A9-8A0E-F210CEBC4257.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 15
Very happy with it👍🏻I’ve had no experience with swing blades and everything seemed to be pretty intuitive.The set-up on this will be drastically reduced next time and I believe the portabily is going to be great-everything will easily fit in my skiff. I will be impatiently waiting for the slabber attachment.

I don’t know. You could contact them-they may still have some of the carriages around. The rest of the mills are the same. They currently offer a Honda motor-powerd set-up or various electric motors. [email protected] or [email protected]
They are shipping me a sawblade and a slabber carriage-which an Alaskan sawmill bolts to it for slabbing. I guess I will be the lab rat on this due to lack of response. I will post an update and photos when I get it up and running.
Update-I received the slabber carriage and the guide rollers on the mount would not work on the older rectangular beam I have. I contacted Turbosawmills via email and photos and the called me right away on 12/8. After a brief conversation and verifying my shipping address, they advised they’d send me an adapter mount. I opened the mailbox this evening(12/16)-and there’s the package w/ hardware from New Zealand! Now that’s service-and no charge!!

Latest posts

Back