Used Altec DC1317 chipper parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well... for the third time in 3 years someone jackknifed one of my chippers and busted the radiator. It's 1300 or so direct from altec plus shipping

I'm having it rebuilt from the local radiator shop but it takes a while.

It would be nice to find a used radiator. Anyone know where I can find one?

Mike

I am note sure where to locate used chipper parts . I am following this thread to hopefully find out. I just purchased a 2011 DC1317 so this will be helpful info. Matt Bauer of Bauer Tree Equipment mentioned to me how proud Altec is of its replacement radiator and to be very careful not to injure the one I have now.

Please share how it went when you are done with your repair.

I ordered direct from altec. I think we've punctured it again since then but it was minor enough that the local radiator guy was able to fix it.

A better more preventative thing to do would be to extend the length of the trailer tongue to keep it from happening again.

I used to have a number of a guy in Alabama or Mississippi who dealt almost exclusively in used alter parts. Maybe someone else here knows who I'm talking about.

My 1317 is also a 2011. Hope it's a good one for you.

Agree that extending the tongue will help.

Also, I'd look into fabricating a roll cage to guard the radiator. You also could fashion a cross member that would hit the truck before the radiator makes contact.

I ordered direct from altec. I think we've punctured it again since then but it was minor enough that the local radiator guy was able to fix it.
That is painful.

A better more preventative thing to do would be to extend the length of the trailer tongue to keep it from happening again.
Very good point. I hadn't thought of that. You lose some maneuverability though.

I used to have a number of a guy in Alabama or Mississippi who dealt almost exclusively in used Altec parts.
That would be very helpful info.

My 1317 is also a 2011. Hope it's a good one for you.
Mine has about 340 hours, it's very clean and today is our first day chipping with it. Just took delivery Monday.

Agree that extending the tongue will help.

Also, I'd look into fabricating a roll cage to guard the radiator. You also could fashion a cross member that would hit the truck before the radiator makes contact.
I had planned to fab a guard. This seems easier than extending the tongue. I have to consider tight turns.

Attachments

• 20221115_104450.jpg
    20221115_104450.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Back