Value of "Like New" 372XPW (Non X Torq)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is a local dude that has been trying to sell his saw for months now. I see a new advert almost weekly for the same saw. The advert reads:

"Near mint oem husqvarna 372xpw chainsaw. Comes with new 20 inch light weight bar and chain , tool kit, manuals, bar cover $1,190 or both 20 and 28 inch light weight bars and chains many extra 28 inch chains $1,375"

Is this reality in the rest of the US/Canada? I realize that this is the much-desired 75cc non X-Torq version, but damn! $1,190 for a used saw! The serial number says it's an '08.

What do y'all think the value is? I may send him a text message and with feedback.

JQ

Well, if you consider the price of the much better and totally new and latest model 572xp with a guarantee from your local store you should get the idea.
A second hand previous out-dated model that was new at about 800 dollas in its days I'd say 600 if it is in perfect conditition.
Else I would prefer a brand new and better one, more power and less fuel, fresh from the store with a guarantee and a better second hand value for years to come.
Anything else it is a collectors item, you are a collector sir?

I bought my 372XPW from Madsens in Feb of 2009, build date on saw is Dec 2006. So it was 25-26 months old when I got it new. Mine I’d consider mint also, cost me 740ish shipped, IIRC, 24” bar. I don’t want to sell it though. I do have a cased, never touched wood 346XP, bought in 2010, bought a 353 OEM clutch cover cause I couldn’t stand that silver color. That one I wouldnt sell for what I have in it, but who in their right mind would pay more? What am i trying to say, idk, I’m just rambling.

Nah...I'm not a collector. I just browse the local on-line want adverts for "chainsaw" just to see what pops up. This saw has been popping up for over 6 months. Every couple of weeks it appears that the owner deletes the listing and then re-posts with identical pics and description.

At $800 I'd be tempted. At $1,200 I just shake my head. We've all seen it: "My stuff is worth MORE!...because it's MINE! That's why!"

JQ

I got a fairly well used but good condition XPW as a mostly complete box of parts for about $150, one new oem $60 piston and probably $200-250 worth of rebuild parts and I have a running 75cc tag/decal-matching XPW. I'll never sell it (especially since I had a buddy woods port it), but I'd say locally it's a $6-800 saw (with a good condition 28" bar and a spare chain or two). My brother has a 372 I rebuilt and put a good used W jug on as well as a n.o.s. piston, as a non-stickered stock W I'd say locally it's maybe a $400-600 saw (also with a good condition 28" bar and a spare chain or two).

Latest posts

Back