Vermeer Bandit or Morbark for 12 inch chipper??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbieS

Reaction score
I'm planning to go out on my own next year and looking at what 12" chipper to get....I like the look of the Bandit 12XP but what is peoples honest opinions on these different models? Anyone purchased a 12" machine recently...is there much price difference between these brands or dose it just come down to who is nearest to me?

For the most part,--at least around here, you have to take what ever comes up for sale. I had an old 12" unknown brand with a VM Motri air cooled diesel on it and it did ok as far as chipping BUT we had to do way too much extra cutting to get stuf in it.
We now have a Vermeer 1600-a and it does some serious eating without all the extra trimming we used to do.
Point is,---check around and see what is available in your area.

I like morbark drums, been advised myself to steer clear of vermeer side wheel models.

We run a Bandit 12" and I'm very happy with it. If a girthy crotch is more than about a 45° we might have to cut one side to get it to feed, but most stuff it pulls straight in. I'd be more concerned with what service you have near you than what comes available near you. One long trip to purchase a piece of equipment is better than a long trip everytime you need it serviced, need knives, etc. Bandit runs through our local Bobcat and they are very good about getting parts faster than I can online.

Back