Vermeer sc252 grinder kohler identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacklefty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello all! I've got a Vermeer sc252 with a kohler gas engine in here that's going to need some work and the identification sticker is gone of the plastic shroud and I've used my google foo to help find an alternative way to find the model # to order parts but I can't find any other way than the sticker. I am new to stump grinders so this is a little bit of a learning curve for me. Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Andy Finnie
The Great Chainsaw Revival

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    640.2 KB · Views: 11
More than likely a Command Pro CH23 or a CH25...Look on Kohlers website . If theres a serial number stamped on the block that should help narrow it down.....looks just like the one that came with my 2000 SC252..
Replaced it with a CH 940 34hp ,best money I ever spent

More than likely a Command Pro CH23 or a CH25...Look on Kohlers website . If theres a serial number stamped on the block that should help narrow it down.....looks just like the one that came with my 2000 SC252..
Replaced it with a CH 940 34hp ,best money I ever spent
Thanks for the reply! I think it is a 25. I tried looking on the website and called the local dealer but it took three days to get back to me. I'm going on the assumption also that the many different models of the 25 that the majority of their parts interchange. So hopefully all the parts are right.

Back