Very disappointed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Took My Kubota in for service a few weeks ago. After a new clutch, throw out bearing and pilot bearing and a break job and 3K worth of parts and labor and it's still doing the same thing it was doing when I dropped it off.
When you push in the clutch it has a vibration that sounds like the park breaks are on and the breaks are dragging even though it's not moving. It only does it when the clutch is in or I'm feathering the clutch. As soon as I start moving the noise and vibration goes away. Or when the clutch is out no noise or when the clutch is in and in gear the noise and vibration starts. If I take it out of gear the noise goes away.
I put a call in to let them know but had to leave a massage.

Nope! It was the clutch after all. The spline that goes through the clutch was worn and a little bushing on the slpine was worn out. Why they didn't catch it the first time is beyond me. A new clutch plate and spline bushing and it's smooth as butter now. Noise is gone. $222.22 in parts and no charge for splitting the tractor again. They kept telling me it was fine to run it as it was and it wasn't in the clutch. I've been running that tractor for 35 years and I think I know what it should sound like when all is well. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'm no dummy ether. I kept telling them it was something to do with the clutch and they kept telling me it was the front PTO shaft bushings. Turns out I was rite all along.

Back