• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Vintage Husqvarna L65

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaplexico

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Dad is asking me to sell a bunch of his old equipment as he's moving from the forest to the city. He's got a Husqvarna L65, purchased in the 80s, in great working condition. Meticulously maintained. Still a one-pull start every time. Any ideas what this is worth?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

My Dad is asking me to sell a bunch of his old equipment as he's moving from the forest to the city. He's got a Husqvarna L65, purchased in the 80s, in great working condition. Meticulously maintained. Still a one-pull start every time. Any ideas what this is worth?

Thanks in advance!
Post some pics

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
If its been stolen ,about 125.00
Sold by actual old dude 350.00

Just remember eBay prices mean you will pay eBay fees plus you are forced to accept returns and cover shipping both ways if the buyer is not happy
Very true SVK. I think it's 10 percent. They will reach right into your bank account to get it too. Never had to deal with a return as a seller.

Very true SVK. I think it's 10 percent. They will reach right into your bank account to get it too. Never had to deal with a return as a seller.
I had one guy get jerky with me. Said he didn’t get the package and filed a complaint. PayPal froze my account. Luckily I found the tracking receipt.

I won’t sell on there anymore.

Sorry that this took a while to respond. My folks are busy getting their place ready for sale and it took them a while to get the photos. Here are some photos with my father reluctantly in the picture.

I'm tramping on toes here @metaplexico . But one owner, probably original bar, easy starting and strong cutting correct with no known issues. Start high but suggest not going under $200 to a member on this site. Ebay you will have to price accordingly as members have suggested.
GLWS, Can't blame your dad for being reluctant to sell. He has owned that thing for 40+ years and is about to move out of the country to the city. Hard adjustment for some.

I'm tramping on toes here @metaplexico . But one owner, probably original bar, easy starting and strong cutting correct with no known issues. Start high but suggest not going under $200 to a member on this site. Ebay you will have to price accordingly as members have suggested.
GLWS, Can't blame your dad for being reluctant to sell. He has owned that thing for 40+ years and is about to move out of the country to the city. Hard adjustment for some.
I appreciate the comment. You've hit the nail on the head. He's always been a wilderness guy and has owned the saw since he worked at a sawmill in BC just before I was born. There's much more than the chainsaw that is bumming him out about the move, but this is certainly a microcosm of the whole thing.

Thanks also for the tips on the price. My dad still uses it for forest maintenance on his property and it continues to serve him well, so I'm thinking it could be both a collectors item and a great tool, or hopefully, both.

Back