• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Want to Sell Vintage IEL Pioneer 'RA' chainsaw - the '57 Chevy of classic saws!

RenaisSAWnceMan

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
A suweetly-classic 1957-58 IEL brand 'RA' Pioneer model vintage 100.5cc chainsaw.

In my somewhat-experienced opinion, the coolest-looking of all saws; I call it the '57 Chevy of saws, given its rounded lines, etc. - And....the dating works, as well...:)

This is a generally-nice, original example. Had intended to do a repaint but....been trying to organize, and, thus, letting some things go....that I really shouldn't...

- Certainly appears to be original paint, in sound-enough condition to be a desirable example, as it is... Or,
as I had intended, a repaint is always an option.

- I acquired this a few years back; it started right up. I, then, went ahead and ordered an OEM carb rebuild kit,
so it would be nicely-refreshed for the next 50 years! The kit still awaits its opportunity to serve...
- It is lacking the 'Pioneer' original logo on the top, BUT....I found something that looks at-least as good, which
can be mounted(visible in the photos, sitting-loose, in place). And, there is a central plug lacking on the top cover,
but surely something suitable can be found for that spot. - Otherwise, it appears complete and original. The bar
has had some weld repair near the front end, but appears quite sound and servicable.
- I also have a spare OEM pull-start return spring, just to have because I came across it, and may have some
other spares, as well.

***There is a bar, and chain. Will try to post a coupla photos....

Offering the whole package, for just $300.{Comfortably-under my investment, and that's only the saw...} I'm sure a collector will treasure this saw, and do it right... Will ship at actual-cost-only, which can
be determined once the saw, and bar, are separately packed.

Put it on Craigslist some days ago, hoping to avoid packing-to-ship, as an extreme ADDer...that can be demanding...:)

THIS one: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...fb647dcc59038d3f88256af9001b5608?OpenDocument

**I have a few more photos, that are....{so disgusting that} the decorum prohibits listing them here..... errrr, sorry, wrong movie...:) [Animal House,
by Neidermeier, at the hearing...] Perhaps, those additional four photos, will be visible at the bottom of this posting:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/x...chainsaw-the-57-chevy-of-classic-saws.392547/

DSCN0748.JPG DSCN0749.JPG fullsizeoutput_1425.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1426.jpeg DSCN0752.JPG fullsizeoutput_1427.jpeg DSCN0754.JPG fullsizeoutput_1428.jpeg DSCN0756.JPG DSCN0757.JPG

Ancient One

Ancient One

ArboristSite Operative
Neat old saws. I have two on the shelf for future rebuilds, both saws are complete. Plus two boxes full of NOS parts. One day I will rebuild one, this Covid winter may be the time.

CP7FreV.jpg

8OsP1Ma.jpg

Ancient One

Ancient One

ArboristSite Operative
If I did not have two I would buy yours. Nice start for a full rebuild.

Looking forward to getting one running and see how it compares to my 795L McCulloch. Nearly the same displacement.

I even have two NOS top covers.

2Bf8VR5.jpg

RenaisSAWnceMan

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
Alright.....she's been sittin' in the front hall..... (the saw, that is...the wife is still locked in the basement...)....and, since I just gotta continue with the ADD-busting
clean-and-organize effort, just plain $teal her now, for $200, plus actual-co$t shipping.

Guess I still need to get a photo of the bar and chain taken/posted, but...it does exist, and is included.

AND....she does put out an anti-C19 fog, so.....you should be able to go anywhere, without a mask, as that fact will be readily-enough recognized.

IFFin' I were to put her back in the basement, she might get......abused, by the, ahhh..... So, save her, for the posterity.