• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Vintage IEL Pioneer 'RA' chainsaw - the '57 Chevy of classic saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A suweetly-classic 1957-58 IEL brand 'RA' Pioneer model vintage 100.5cc chainsaw.

In my somewhat-experienced opinion, the coolest-looking of all saws; I call it the '57 Chevy of saws, given its rounded lines, etc. - And....the dating works, as well...:)

This is a generally-nice, original example. Had intended to do a repaint but....been trying to organize, and, thus, letting some things go....that I really shouldn't...

- Certainly appears to be original paint, in sound-enough condition to be a desirable example, as it is... Or,
as I had intended, a repaint is always an option.

- I acquired this a few years back; it started right up. I, then, went ahead and ordered an OEM carb rebuild kit,
so it would be nicely-refreshed for the next 50 years! The kit still awaits its opportunity to serve...
- It is lacking the 'Pioneer' original logo on the top, BUT....I found something that looks at-least as good, which
can be mounted(visible in the photos, sitting-loose, in place). And, there is a central plug lacking on the top cover,
but surely something suitable can be found for that spot. - Otherwise, it appears complete and original. The bar
has had some weld repair near the front end, but appears quite sound and servicable.
- I also have a spare OEM pull-start return spring, just to have because I came across it, and may have some
other spares, as well.

***There is a bar, and chain. Will try to post a coupla photos....

Offering the whole package, for just $300.{Comfortably-under my investment, and that's only the saw...} I'm sure a collector will treasure this saw, and do it right... Will ship at actual-cost-only, which can
be determined once the saw, and bar, are separately packed.

Put it on Craigslist some days ago, hoping to avoid packing-to-ship, as an extreme ADDer...that can be demanding...:)

THIS one: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...fb647dcc59038d3f88256af9001b5608?OpenDocument

**I have a few more photos, that are....{so disgusting that} the decorum prohibits listing them here..... errrr, sorry, wrong movie...:) [Animal House,
by Neidermeier, at the hearing...] Perhaps, those additional four photos, will be visible at the bottom of this posting:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/x...chainsaw-the-57-chevy-of-classic-saws.392547/

DSCN0748.JPGDSCN0749.JPGfullsizeoutput_1425.jpegfullsizeoutput_1426.jpegDSCN0752.JPGfullsizeoutput_1427.jpegDSCN0754.JPGfullsizeoutput_1428.jpegDSCN0756.JPGDSCN0757.JPG

Neat old saws. I have two on the shelf for future rebuilds, both saws are complete. Plus two boxes full of NOS parts. One day I will rebuild one, this Covid winter may be the time.

CP7FreV.jpg

8OsP1Ma.jpg

If I did not have two I would buy yours. Nice start for a full rebuild.

Looking forward to getting one running and see how it compares to my 795L McCulloch. Nearly the same displacement.

I even have two NOS top covers.

2Bf8VR5.jpg

Alright.....she's been sittin' in the front hall..... (the saw, that is...the wife is still locked in the basement...)....and, since I just gotta continue with the ADD-busting
clean-and-organize effort, just plain $teal her now, for $200, plus actual-co$t shipping.

Guess I still need to get a photo of the bar and chain taken/posted, but...it does exist, and is included.

AND....she does put out an anti-C19 fog, so.....you should be able to go anywhere, without a mask, as that fact will be readily-enough recognized.

IFFin' I were to put her back in the basement, she might get......abused, by the, ahhh..... So, save her, for the posterity.

I agree, very cool looking saw. I have one I restored a few years ago. I hope someone meets your price because that means mine is worth a whole lot more.

I know this is old but I get on here and have to catch up.

It looks like if buzz sawyer took one step back he'd fall off a cliff....and ruin a perfectly good runnin saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back